continuing alarm problems - an idea, will it work ?

got a printout from the dealer of the fault log.

all incidences recently relate to node 22 - which is apparently the alarm horn unit (this has been replaced). it gives a time and mileage but not a date ? there is another figure that says things like 03.14.2004 and 22.14.2002. at 1st we thought this was a date but it cant be. even if the year is wrong then 22.14 is not a date in any format ? anyone know what all this means. an example as it appears ont eh printout is :

Display Goup 21

measured values

03:28 Uhr

4570 Km

Display Group 22

Mesured Values

04:36 Uhr

3900 km

I checked the KM values and the times and they all stack up.

no - only one of them (nearside front).they say that code 22 definitely means alarm sounded but to be honest i dont think they have a clue and skoda UK tech dont really understand !! for ages they were talking about the boot switch and then the passenger door and then the battery giving a low voltage before they finally settled on the alarm horn. the car is showing no faults at the moment !!

yes have upgraded stereo

not sure how they are linked as they are on seperate fuses ?

No, not that Jon, it's part of the anti theft stuff, if you rip the stereo out I'm pretty sure it tells tales on you if the doors are still locked, i.e it sences the unit as been removed and then sets the alarm off, I could be wrong, but your car was built and programmed with one unit in it and then changed for a different unit which might not be 100% compatible, I know it's a long shot, and I wouldn't blame you if you just wanted shot of the car right now.

How is James dealing with it at Allams btw?

No, not that Jon, it's part of the anti theft stuff, if you rip the stereo out I'm pretty sure it tells tales on you if the doors are still locked, i.e it sences the unit as been removed and then sets the alarm off, I could be wrong, but your car was built and programmed with one unit in it and then changed for a different unit which might not be 100% compatible, I know it's a long shot, and I wouldn't blame you if you just wanted shot of the car right now.

How is James dealing with it at Allams btw?

how do you rip the stereo out with the doors locked ? if you smash the glass the microwave sensors will be triggered anyway !

I am not dealing with James. I am dealing with customer care manager and sales manager. lets just say they are not dealing with it as swiftly as I would like. I am expecting a call before 3pm today.

how do you rip the stereo out with the doors locked ? if you smash the glass the microwave sensors will be triggered anyway !

I am not dealing with James. I am dealing with customer care manager and sales manager. lets just say they are not dealing with it as swiftly as I would like. I am expecting a call before 3pm today.

Na you're missing it Jon, the stereo is also protected by the the alarm, well it is on some cars anyway, something I owned a while back had a flashing diode on the facia of the stereo once the alarm was primed, what I'm getting at is you had an upgraded stereo fitted, it could be that the stereo and the car are having a conflict with each other depending on if the car had an original stereo that was swapped out for another after build completion.

We've about exhausted every other avenue that it could possibly be, so now I'm trying to find the less obvious ones for you.

Just a daft idea - but I've now heard from 3 places that there is a known problem on the Superb II with ignition switches - and it shows up as various odd systems mis-behaving. Has someone tried replacing this item?

update - car is to be looked at by skoda UK technicians (probably in milton keynes) they will collect car and deliver back to me. they will do everything to solve the issue. if they dont then rejection is the only option.

• 2 months later...

Well mine is still playing up , alarm is still going off occasionally luckily not during the middle of the night but normally within an hour of parking it up

The seats have been playing up as well , especially the passenger seat reclines itself when the vehicle is parked up , i am not always aware the seats have moved straight away and i do wonder if the moving seats are tripping the alarm

Oh well booked in again for testing , not full of confidence as we are meant to be taking it to the continent next week

The seats have been playing up as well , especially the passenger seat reclines itself when the vehicle is parked up , i am not always aware the seats have moved straight away and i do wonder if the moving seats are tripping the alarm

Richf

Interesting point about the seat reclining, I thought I had a problem, but found that when my wife was getting out of the passenger seat, as she has arthritis, she has to swing her legs to touch the ground, the lift herslf clear of the seat. In doing this her leg presses on the side on the seat where the recline button is, therefore the seat is reclining as she is trying to get out! Don't know if this is any help?

I rarely take a passenger so its probably not that but i did wonder if it was the seat belt retracting and catching the controls , still unlikely

Its probably either haunted or possessed , not sure whether a need a mechanic or Dereck Acorah :)

Richf

Interesting point about the seat reclining, I thought I had a problem, but found that when my wife was getting out of the passenger seat, as she has arthritis, she has to swing her legs to touch the ground, the lift herslf clear of the seat. In doing this her leg presses on the side on the seat where the recline button is, therefore the seat is reclining as she is trying to get out! Don't know if this is any help?

Snap, I also thought I had a problem with the passenger seat but realised it was passengers getting out pushing the switch!

Dan

Update

They think there is a short in the wiring or a fault with the seat buttons so new switch on order

• 4 weeks later...

Update

New switches fitted so hope all is sorted now but since the car last went in (24/7/09) and they played with some timer settings the seats havent moved nor has the alarm gone off

I have to give credit to my dealer Ashmore Green in Newbury as they have been very keen to remedy this and have given excellent service

• 7 months later...

Update

New switches fitted so hope all is sorted now but since the car last went in (24/7/09) and they played with some timer settings the seats havent moved nor has the alarm gone off

I have to give credit to my dealer Ashmore Green in Newbury as they have been very keen to remedy this and have given excellent service

Perhaps i spoke too soon , the alarm has started to go off again woke at 4.25am the other day with alram going off and then resetting after a few blasts , and the seat had moved again

I have a couple of obervations that may, or may not help.

I mainly drive the Superb, normally opening and using my ignition key. On occassios, my wife has found the passenger seat had mysteriously moved fully back, but this seems to have occured when she has opened the car with her own key. The other day, she actually noticed that the movement of the seat occured when she pressed her key button. She thinks she may have pressed the button for too long as the windows also partially opened. My own key has been set to store a postion on the drivers seat and I have turened the window opening feature off in the MFD. Some of the settings in the MFD are independent for each ignition key, for example when my key displayed Summer Time, my wife's key was still showing GMT. It would be a good idea to compare the MFD settings using each key in turn, and to ensure that each key has a stored setting on the driver's seat. There could be a glitch in the software in RHD vehicles that causes the passenger seat to occasionaly move if the key does not have a driver's seat stored setting.

As regards the alarm, I also had this go off on the odd occasion. I very much suspect that it was caused by small spiders on the sensors. Spiders love corners and crevices and the recessed sensors must be an attractive place for them. When this problem was occuring, I turned off the internal sensors with the switch on the B column and whilst these were off, no false alarm occured.Spiders and flies are not around over the winter months, but this years batch are hatching out about now!

• 5 months later...

Well the car went in again for a service and the alarm fault was brought up again , it has gone off 6 times or so in the last 10,000 miles apparently there has been a software update so fingers crossed

Hi I must add to this debate,my superb has the inclination to switch its alarm off every couple of weeks at night or sometimes during the day for no other reason other than I think temperature,if its a warm day and then the sun goes into shade or after the sun has dropped then temp drops alarm activated,also if its a very cold night after a warmish afternoon the alarm activates,I think its down to temerature it seems to trigger the alarm,never mind though its going in a couple of weeks getting my new fabia :rofl:

• 2 months later...

Went off again today the car hasnt moved since Saturday so thats at least 5 days parked up , no cats or anything else that could have triggered it , getting fed up now

Had an issue with my ´09 Hyundai I 20. The alarm would go off on various occations. Brand new car, so it went back to the dealer - who, of course, could´nt find anything wrong.

Pulled the fuse out for almost a year. Before selling it, I took a last shot to figure it out myself. Found that the switch under the bonnet wasn´t pushed long enough down when the bonnet was closed. Sometimes, when the bonnet was closed properly, then the alarm would´nt go off and vice versa. Solved it by extending the little plastic rod within the rubber casing of the switch and Voila - all OK.