Where to install Parrot

Hi everyone :)

Just received the Parrot CK3100 hands free kit from work to put in the car :cool:

Out of interest are there any other Briskodians using this kit, and if so, where have they installed it in the car?

TIA

Justin.

Great bit of kit IMHO. Can't help you with placement for the MkII but in my MkI I had the lcd mounted to one of the blanking switches on the dash and the box hidden down the transmission tunnel gap below the centre console.

I'd suggest the Fjords as they tend to pine for them ;)

Seriously however, either behind the ash tray or under the drivers wheel behind the cover by the fuse box. I have put 3200's into that position with a custom loom.

All the loom is is 3 wires from the fusebox to the head unit and a then cut all the extra off the main lead and put bullet connectors on it.

I mounted mine as per the pic, I did not use one of the parrot mounts instead I used a small square of plastic and 2 peices of 3m adhesive and it stayed put in hot conditions etc and never fell off ...... result. The plastic was iirc a cover off the tip of a chisel .... heath robinson, but neat and invisible :D

DSC00245.jpg

I have a CK3200 which is bigger than the CK3100 and it is mounted on the top drivers side air vent to the right of the instrument binnacle. Easy to see, doesn't block any other controls or the vents and is partially obscured from outside view by the A-pillar.

Mines on a Brodit holder above and slightly to the right of the radio.

DSCF1371.jpg

Not the greatest photo, but you can see where it is. I keep intending to tidy the cable a little and move it to the centre, but just never get around to it :rolleyes:

Guest wilkopilko

I put mine quite low & out the way, its not that bad to read but made it simple to install by hiding everything behind the air con panel.

22741d1215790992-ck3100.jpg

Edited by wilkopilko

skomas- Do you have a pic of your installation location. I am looking to get one and like the sound of your location. Be great to see it and also to show to the fitter so they can do the same for me.

Cheers in advance

Big thanks to everyone who helped me decide where to install it.

The very competant Orange engineer has just left with everthing in good working order with no scratches to be seen :thumbup:

In the end i decided to put it in the same place as Fluffmeister :cool:

skomas- Do you have a pic of your installation location. I am looking to get one and like the sound of your location. Be great to see it and also to show to the fitter so they can do the same for me.

Cheers in advance

Apologise for the delay but here are the photos:

22934d1216654004-dscn1850reduced.jpg

22935d1216654004-dscn1853reduced.jpg

22934.attach

22935.attach

Edited by skomaz
Piccies added

It's not actually that visible, primarily due to the A-pillar and the door mirror base.

I was worried about it initially but thus far the worries have been unfounded...

Cheers for the pics Skomas. Looks a great location for the unit. I think I may be buying a Bury unit (colour screen that is detachable) and I think I will definately be installing it in the same location as your Parrot.

Cheers again

I would have gone for a central position; then your passenger (if you have one) could see it as well to keep them interested in where they are going, and help you with directions.

Neat installation though.

Mines on a Brodit holder above and slightly to the right of the radio.

DSCF1371.jpg

Not the greatest photo, but you can see where it is. I keep intending to tidy the cable a little and move it to the centre, but just never get around to it :rolleyes:

Anyone thought of installing the unit inside the storage cubby above the central vents, in such a way that when in use, you have the lid open and screen visible BUT fold the screen back and close the lid when parked (out of sight)?

It's not actually that visible, primarily due to the A-pillar and the door mirror base.

I was worried about it initially but thus far the worries have been unfounded...

How does it actually clip into the top of the air vent Mark? Is that a Parrot mount, or aftermarket?

Steve

No nothing aftermarket or that fancy Steve... Simply screwed into the top of the vent!

It means that if it goes then I need a new vent but at least that'll be cheaper than a new dash.

If I was being clever I'd have fabricated my own bracket out of Aluminium sheet that simply clipped under the vent (I've done the same for a mirror for the kids by the iinterior light in the Fabia) but hindsight is always a great thing.

The only slight issue at the moment is that it needs a little fettling as the vent now sits slightly high due to the screw. It just needs a minor adjustment to sort it thoug.

I have just ordered a Bury CC9060 handsfree system for my octy. I intend to get it fitted in the same location as Skomaz. It is due to be sorted at the start of August and I will post pics once done.

• 5 months later...
Apologise for the delay but here are the photos:

22934d1216654004-dscn1850reduced.jpg

22935d1216654004-dscn1853reduced.jpg

On the photos of thie Parrot handsfree system, what is the cable which is plugged into the side of the unit. I can see the main cable coming out of the bottom which doesnt look too bad, but I hate having visable cables coming from units like this.