New interior and polo cup holder

I thought I'd put these up as both changes have happened within a week. The seats are from a Golf GTI and the cup holder was from VAG Parts.

Both went in without any trouble and I'm quite chuffed with the two new mods.:D

3.jpg

P8100006.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

Thanks for the comments folks.

The cup holder cost £34.21 inc postage (VAG Parts), but has been sat in my garage a while so could have gone up in price. It took a bit of whittling at the back with a stanley knife to make it fit because it has mouldings and flanges :rolleyes: that are there for the Polo. It took about half an hour, but if I can manage it then anyone can.

The seats were changed because I loved the vRS interior, but with a toddler and another on the way it was blooming ridiculous in terms of practicality. To save my sanity, nagging the wife and offspring, I thought it would be better to mothball the perfect interior and trash a second hand one. It was and ebay special and only took half an hour to fit.

If there was a cheap way to change the carpet then that would be my next move.....

The seats were changed because I loved the vRS interior, but with a toddler and another on the way it was blooming ridiculous in terms of practicality.

If there was a cheap way to change the carpet then that would be my next move.....

I know what you mean about toddlers,but saying that my octys got two baby seats in the back,they very rarely eat in the car so cant complain yet

I was looking at an anthracite colour carpet for the Mk1 on eBAY,he wanted i think £80,they were brand new,i offered him £60 and he declined :mad: coz the carpet in the car is what i hate most!

I'm amazed that the Golf seats fit. Did you have any issues?

None at all other than the central rear seatbelt mount is slightly different where it bolts to the car. It may be an issue in terms of ultimate safety in the event of an accident, but I'm looking to change it for an Octavia one in the near future.

Ill post the p/n for that cup holder as soon as i find it, i dont like cupholders but they do come in handy when your getting some take aways for a few and your in th car alone! and those look factory and still has a handy dandy pocket!

The part number on the receipt I got from VAG Parts is : 6X0 857 558A 01C and it officially called Polo Double Cup Holder - Plastic if it helps at all.:)

The VAG Parts price quoted above (£34.21 which included postage) seems fair.

Just for comparison, I picked one up from a local VW dealer last week for £28.38 inc VAT

The VAG Parts price quoted above (£34.21 which included postage) seems fair.

Just for comparison, I picked one up from a local VW dealer last week for £28.38 inc VAT

Even better.:thumbup: