Jonis Skoda octavia RS 2 2.0 t tfsi RS4 Inj Hybrid turbo

jonis

Hello All.

My name is Jonis and I am also from Sweden ;)

I would like to share with you my Skoda project.

Its a Skoda rs 2 2007 version.

The target of power is 430 hp.

This will take a while but its always nice to have goals.

I have just installed a new turbo to it and I an pleased with the result since everything is stock besides the turbo and the exhaust system.

I have a 3 " downpipe and 3 " rest of the way.

May told me that i had to Change the injectors and pump but at this power there is plenty of fuel.

s3.jpg

Edited by jonis

• 6 months later...

Update:

Still winter and snow here but.

S3 intercooler now mounted.

We are now at 335 hp dynoed but the fan broke down so i think the real figure is higher.

But as it is now it cuts of on high gears due to low fuel pressure.

So a KMD fulepump upgrade has been sent from USA.

And i already have some S3 injectors but not installed.

Target is to get around 400 hp dynoed.

• 9 months later...

Update 2009 12.

The last post seems to be lost in cyberspace. :wonder:

So if this is a bit of a doubble update then i hope i am excused.

So this is the present specs on the car:

V-tech Hybrid K03 turbo Cheramics coated - Ecual / a bit bigger then the k04 but Much easier to install since the DV is still on the turbo.

Forge Wastegate - Stock Wg was a bit to weak to keep the bost at high RPMS

S3 intercooler

Forge Twincooler - can cool it to much in the summer...

Forge shortshifter

BSH intake.

3" exhaust from turbo with 100 cell race catalyst - Error codes from this removed from the program by V-tech

Upgraded fuelpump by V-tech keeps stable 135 bar !

RS4 injectors - to keep a stable AFR / lambda .

With the previous S3 injectors the power was good but the ms injection time was to high and it then begun to run lean.

V-tech RTS - Hand held flasher to change between stock and tuned + race program

Can also check error codes.

The program deliver about 385 HP and 500 nm as it is now.

We have not yet finetuned the program after the rs4 injectors.

We just scaled then in ruffly to be able to drive it .

On this car we had a gt3071 before but since this car is a everyday drive car that turbo was removed after only 1 weeks drivning since it had terrible lag.

Will post some dyno curves when possible.

Edited by jonis

It SNOW here now.

But still manged to do a quick log.

times where mesures in a litte upphill, not much but still not flat road.

So i know i can improve on these times.

the good thing with GPS based racelogic is that is very accurate and you can also tell if it was up or downhill.

So no cheating...

100-150 km/h 4.17

100-160 km/h 5.2

Done on 4 gear .

100-200 logs will follow shortly

Edited by jonis

hmm No comments?

Is my project really booring or is the tuning market freezed at the moment?

Today we have - 13 degrees here... almost 1 meter snow..

I'm not finding it boring :yes:

But you might want to post more pics to keep the interest going. Sounds like a great project though. Keep us all posted WITH PICS :thumbup:

come on we cant go throwing around HP quotes without dyno graphs to have a look at.

Do you have more info on this turbo etc, links, prices etc.

what have you done for handling mods and braking mods, you need to get the lot up on here

loving the plans though

Sy

im defiantely interested.

the only turbo upgrade i know of on a k03 BWA that doesnt require further lower engine mods, like pistons etc uprating is the k04.

all the other ioptions such as garrett i thik require having the compression ratio of the engine lowering and the bottom end strengthening, to ensure longevity of the engine.

on the last count Mk2 vRS wise i think you ar ethe first i have read of that has put a custom hybrid turbo on a BWA engine. i think there are 3 k04 converted vRS's on here, i know of a seat leon TFSI that has had the GT28 turbo conversion, but he bent a couple pistons and hassince uprated them. on the last RR with water methanol injection he made 390hp(although his map isnt tuned to make the most of the water meth at the moment, and he has some issues so its not 100% yet, but by no means slow)

come on we cant go throwing around HP quotes without dyno graphs to have a look at.

Do you have more info on this turbo etc, links, prices etc.

what have you done for handling mods and braking mods, you need to get the lot up on here

loving the plans though

Sy

Well got many dyno sheets, will post withing a day or 2.

Turbo is developed by myself.

A k03 based hybrid.

Designed to be better then the K04 and easier to install since then DV is still on the turbo.

Price is about 1300 eur with trade in of old turbo, if no cheramics needed maybe 1000 eur.

Handeling:

Yellostuff all around.

H&R lowersprings 50 mm

Well got many dyno sheets, will post withing a day or 2.

Turbo is developed by myself.

A k03 based hybrid.

Designed to be better then the K04 and easier to install since then DV is still on the turbo.

Price is about 1300 eur with trade in of old turbo, if no cheramics needed maybe 1000 eur.

Handeling:

Yellostuff all around.

H&R lowersprings 50 mm

designed by yourself??I take it you are in the tuning industry.

what are the specifics that you have done to the turbo to make it better. so the turbo itself. Is it the same size as the k03s. im presuming you have changed the likes of the compressor wheels and turbines internally??

Also is there not possible issues with having the DV still on the turbo. i thought the whole reason for it being relocated to the front of the engine was heat issues.

Id love to see some of the info on the turbo itself, to see how it could pull the figures above.

you also need to uprate your brakes :o . my 312s struggle to handle what i have now, you say you have over 100brake minimum over what im running now

designed by yourself??I take it you are in the tuning industry.

what are the specifics that you have done to the turbo to make it better. so the turbo itself. Is it the same size as the k03s. im presuming you have changed the likes of the compressor wheels and turbines internally??

Also is there not possible issues with having the DV still on the turbo. i thought the whole reason for it being relocated to the front of the engine was heat issues.

Id love to see some of the info on the turbo itself, to see how it could pull the figures above.

you also need to uprate your brakes :o . my 312s struggle to handle what i have now, you say you have over 100brake minimum over what im running now

Well its the internals that are upgraded. So its now somewhat bigger then the K04.

The DV was a issue but now with the new G version that has no rubber membranes this is no longer a problem.

I do have some split pictures of this turbo. will post them soon..

The hole idea is to make a powerfull and affordable kit for the 200 hp Tfsi engine.

I have also done the software myself(with a bit of help)

So a complete package with hardware and software.

Dyno number - picture will soon be posted.

But more important is acceleration time, that is what we use on the street!

100- 150, 100-200 and so on.

Goal is to be the fastest

No there is snow here so not possible to do so much testing.

But to the spring all will be done and a price put on this kit.!

100-150 km/h 4.17

100-160 km/h 5.2

converts to

62mph - 93mph 4.17sec

62mph - 99mph 5.2 sec

There you go fella. :thumbup:

I reckon the skip could be runnin similarish times to this.

Well i can do some loggings in mph also when the snow removes itself.