Creaking Jumbo Box

Got an annoying interior creak over bumps which seems to be coming from the internals of the jumbo box. Sounds like someone rubbing two plastic coat hangers together. Anyone else suffered this? And anyone know how to disassemble it - the lid in particular? No sign of any accessible screws or obvious fixings.

Lift the lid up, and put some silicone lube/vasoline on the two little rubbers that the lid rests against.

Tried that, no improvement. It seems to be coming from the inner hinge mechanism - hence the need to disassemble...

Heres some pics I took when I dismantled mine (I meant to do a how to but forgot and now tbh forget the best way to dismantle).

From memory remove the cover under the arm rest (pops off IIRC) and the plastic cover behind armrest.

Theres a few close up photos so I THINK these were special areas to watch for. There is still noises from mine but not as bad IIRC.

The problem is the plastic rubbing off the metal. Any questions just ask, I'll see if I can jog my memory.

24081.attach

24082.attach

24083.attach

24084.attach

24085.attach

• 2 years later...