Innotec turbo cleaner?

ShadyAl

I have been doing a bit of research on the ol' net regarding the cleaning of TDi turbo's etc, and I came across a company called Innotec that sell you a kit for around £35 that consists of 5 items that you use to clean out your turbo without actually removing it.

(I also came across a pdf file on uk-mkivs.net explaining how to use it..)

Turbo Clean.pdf - Windows Live SkyDrive

Has anyone on the forum acutally used this before?

After reading a few posts on a few sites (mkivs and seatcupra) quite a few people have used it to amazing results...

This seems to me, to be a good, cheap way of cleaning out your turbo if you also suffer from 'sticky turbo' problems....

I would be interested in hearing from people on here as I am seriously considering buying one to clean my 110TDi..

Any feedback from anyone?

That looks pretty good to me!

Could be a bit awkward fiddling about under the car to get to the turbine housing, but it clearly works, and i see no reason why you shouldn't try it.

Looks well worth a squirt.....

I have done similar with various products. As I routinely rebuild VNT's I would just have it out and build it again if it were me. However for a maintainence point of view, I'd say it's worth it.

The problem is, the working parts are NOT in the flow of exhaust, or liquid. If it can fully disolve both rust and carbon (the latter, I believe, cannot be disolved - I did some reading up and tried bases, acids & solvents - to pureish carbon they don't seem to do anything) without harming the turbo vanes & seals, which seems a tall order, it may help.

The ones I have had some are full of carbon and some are literally rusted up so bad some of it needs chipping and grinding off with a tiny wheel.

I'd say go for it though as a maintainece issue, try to rev to 3,000rpm under power at least once a journey & have your EGR blanked off. That combo may well give you extra life before a VNT rebuild.

Greg.

I have been doing a bit of research on the ol' net regarding the cleaning of TDi turbo's etc, and I came across a company called Innotec that sell you a kit for around £35 that consists of 5 items that you use to clean out your turbo without actually removing it.

(I also came across a pdf file on uk-mkivs.net explaining how to use it..)

Turbo Clean.pdf - Windows Live SkyDrive

Has anyone on the forum acutally used this before?

After reading a few posts on a few sites (mkivs and seatcupra) quite a few people have used it to amazing results...

This seems to me, to be a good, cheap way of cleaning out your turbo if you also suffer from 'sticky turbo' problems....

I would be interested in hearing from people on here as I am seriously considering buying one to clean my 110TDi..

Any feedback from anyone?