NEW MEMBER NEEDS HELP.Replacing Octavia Indicator Mirror Lenses.

taddery

I have a 2004 (54) 2.0 diesel Elegance. I had a stone fly up on the motorway putting a hole in the drivers side mirror indicator lens. I ordered one from the local skoda dealer, but he will not tell me how to fit it, but wants £70 an hour to do it. Can anyone advise and give me tips. Thanks taddery.:) I also had my brake fluid reservoir cap broken by same dealer in service ( denied all knowledge, of course). I ordered a new cap £18 and the internal sensor is slightlydifferent from my own. The new one has a plastic shroud covering the sensors prongs.:confused: Did they modify them slightly.

Edited by taddery

Replacing the indicator is a piece of cake and took me about 10 mins when I replaced my broken one. The difficult part is removing the mirror glass, which has to be carefully pulled away from its clip mounting to avoid breaking it.

The process is as follows.

1) remove mirror glass

2) separate upper and lower parts of the mirror shell (3 clips that should be visible with the mirror glass removed.

3) undo the 2 screws that hold indicator piece in place, look at the new one to see where they are).

4) disconnect wiring.

5) fit new one by reversing the above process.