Help !! Skoda Rapid/ Cabriolet

melmagtilly

Hi Does anyone out there know of anybody living near to St.Helens , Merseyside who could help me ( rather me help them!!) put my MK1 Rapid Cabriolet and my Rapid 130 back on the road this spring?? A volunteer or enthusiast would be my best solution cos going to a garage costs mega bucks and at the end of the day they aint worth a great deal - except I love them to death!! Cheers Mel

ps I CAN SUPPLY BACON BUTTIES AND A BUCKET LOADS OF TEA

heh... on a 130 you'll have to get a hub puller to get at the rear brakes I would think, still don't think it'll be that bad to sort out the seized brakes... these cars are build like mechano sets and are very easy to work on :) if there's lots of welding required then I might be able to help later on but you'd be better letting me get some practise on my AlfaSud first...

heh... :) if there's lots of welding required then I might be able to help later on but you'd be better letting me get some practise on my AlfaSud first...

You will need to practice welding the holes up in a roll of chicken wire before you start on the Alfasud, but better start soon or the holes in it will be bigger than the one in the ozone layer!!----lol

Thanks for the offers / advice. The Rapid has had new panels fitted and been resprayed. However it is statring to blister in parts due to it being under cover for 2 years. That is not an issue cos I have a sprayer. Brand new master cylinder has been fitted but never had the system bled - clutch or brakes. I think this is the only problem - apart from being under cover for past 2 years.

The Cabriolet was bought up from Devon about 2 years ago and has been barn stored ever since. It has only done 29 miles between MOT's. It was running but there was a problem of disengaging from second - could be done with effort. It is a 120 but with a later engine fitted. Body okish but hood not terrific.

I suppose spring is a good time to make hay - I have been waiting so long a few more months Rapid - less will make no difference! Mel

• 1 month later...

bleeding the system is a PITA... clutch isn't too bad, but brakes are annoying, took me about 4 goes to get it right, still it's done now and I know what I'm doing :)... give me a yell if you need a hand doing this.

I knew that, but fits with kadett in blocks and bolts?

Hi Wormostar

There's been previous discussion about suitable wheels, although I've never heard anyone mention an Opel Kadett before, although in UK Kadetts are Vauxhall Astras and earlier ones (before 1980?) were Chevettes

Hope this link helps you.

http://briskoda.net/rwd-skodas-others/what-other-rims-fit-estelle-rapid/120509/

cheers ... Darren

Well if the wheels are 130x4 pcd, then that means that some wheels from beetles will fit.

Since you can use a lot of the rear axle running gear from a 911 on a beetle then you will probably find that some porsches used the 4*130 PCD. You might therefore be able to use the alloys from some of the Porsches (914 is one i think).

That should open up a pretty big range of alloys to be used I would have thought.