Performance down pipe question

Hofmiester

I'm about to get my Pipewerx down pipe fitted to my MK2 Octy VRs and I've realised that the second sensor threaded hole, after the cat, is blank.

Its deep enough to fit the sensor in it but it doesnt actually have an open end into the exhaust. I call the chap who made it (Ian Birch) and he told me this is so that you can run the downpipe without the engine light coming on when running overfueled maps...the second sensor reads the air to see if it cleaner than the air at the first sensor and so by blanking this sensor off the air is always read as cleaner.

Does this sound right to you guys?

the second sensor is there to check that the catalyst is functioning correctly as far as i know, in which case it has no effect on the fueling, running without it will flash up a 'oxygen sensor heater element open ciruit' fault i believe

So if the sensor exists but is not connected to the exhaust, or blanked off as above, there will be no fault code?

quite right, i just re-read that again, i should imagine it would work like that but i'm not overly familiar with the finer points of stratified injection, i think it would store a fault somewhere saying that the catalyst is dodgy but iirc that wont light up the 'check engine' light, but running without the sensor fitted(or not plugged in) will light the old girl up for sure

Thats for the opinions guys, hoping to get this on the car shortly.

Simon, the DP has a reduction at the end to fit the standard system, if at a later date you want to fit a 2.75 or 3" then you chop that bit off and either add another reducer or if its 3" just stick it straight on.

BTW, how come you have 235bhp in your sig? I thought you got 242bhp at a rolling road day?

Cheers

Ron

Thats for the opinions guys, hoping to get this on the car shortly.

Simon, the DP has a reduction at the end to fit the standard system, if at a later date you want to fit a 2.75 or 3" then you chop that bit off and either add another reducer or if its 3" just stick it straight on.

BTW, how come you have 235bhp in your sig? I thought you got 242bhp at a rolling road day?

Cheers

Ron

i put the stage 2 map on my car at the last jkm RR day. Thats the results i got, torque jumped up but power was preety erratic, so im back to the stage 1 map now until i get the downpipe and cat fitted. Havent re-updated my sig yet