Rear Screen Washer not working

Fabia 1.9 SDI 2001.

My rear screen washer is not working, the front ones do, and when I push the rear wash wipe lever, I can hear the motor for the pump running... I seem to recall this happening a long time ago, just after an oil and filter change....

Can anyone point me in the direction of the pipe connection to the washer pump, that "maybe" under the bonnet somewhere?

Or, and alternative reason why it isn`t working.... (I don`t think the jet is blocked !)

Thanks in advance.....

Having read a couple of posts below.....

Open Bonnet.... put bonnet stay in position.

Use cross head screwdriver to remove two screws from air filter housing.

Carefully lever out airfilter housing from under two clips (on left side) but pull housing to right side.

Raise airfilter housing so that access can be gained to underneath air filter.

Locate the pipe end sticking out from the bulkhead

re-attach the pipe that is hanging down to the aforementioned pipe

check the rear washer is working..... if so...

replace air filter housing in the reverse order of removal.

close bonnet.... go and wash your hands.... !

Job done (about 5 minutes)

Or there is one to be found within the front wheel arch on the Left hand side. Just remove the torx screws at the front of the wheel, priase the arch liner back and slot the two pipes back together and re-fix the arch liner. If its leaking from this one you should just see it dripping down by the front of the wheel, but shouldn't be able to see the source of the leak.

HTH. Joe

i had the same problem with mine when i first got it.

it had been disconected behind airbox by previous owner pretty easy to re connect

unfortunatly mine wasnt by accident but on purpose as my connection onto rear jet

has got a really nasty split in in must have been y it was separated still trying to fix it

4months on if any one has suggestions an how to sort please let me know tried everything

bar replacing it as been told really hard and expencive if not carefull could do rear window in

hi this does happen alot i am a skoda tech and skoda say to use skoda sreen wash as this has a water softner in and stops the connecters going hard and coming apart.

hope this helps

READ THE STICKY THREAD. In there you will find a link to ap0gee's post of the 4 places where the pipe comes off. I would first check the fuse, I think it's number 15 .

Edited by Jim H
wrong fuse, 15 not 32

hi there mate,

i had this recently, rear washer jet hose had come disconnected and was squirting water down on to tailgate switch/handle. apparently quite common or so im told.

thats whats happening m8 try and get a new one just gonna be carefull aint got the money to replace the window thanks for input as long as i know im not alone with this problem :thumbup::thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Can anybody advise me how to remove the cover on the tailgate so I can reconnect the hose?

It just pulls off. I used a long handled screwdriver to leaver it off, starting at one edge. The tricky bit is putting it back together. Remember to thread the handle though the whole when you do.

• 8 months later...

had the same problem just sorted it now its a bugga to access didnt have a extension bar long enough so had to stick my arm down the side of the airbox and back up to find the pipes dam tight but found it all back working again although a little sore

I had exactly the same problem over the bad freeze we had, but My car is a 1.2 mpi and it had come off at the bulkhead and only took a couple of min's to snap back on. :)

Mine popped off twice on the bulkhead and once behind the boot panel. The bulkhead one is easy compared to the boot, the panel is an arse to get back on. Im sure I have a leak somewhere else, as the car smells damp in the mornings. Its probably the doors?

Edited by _VRs_

• 6 months later...

i think i have just read/found the answers to my problems.......HOWEVER....with the rear washer on the tailgate...is it possible that it would screw up the bonnet release mechanisim...water is not drippping down on mine (its actually coming from under one of the rear wheels) but it could be inside the tail gate panel...when i unlock my door with the remote...i am not able to open my boot sometimes with the button just above the rear license plate. Could this be part of that problem?

no problems under here...everything connected

th_IMG00066-20100801-1757copy.jpg

problem was here near the bulk head

th_IMG00070-20100801-1758copy.jpg

but water drips here....

th_IMG00067-20100801-1757copy.jpg

funny enough the rear wiper works fine and water squirts out loads from the washer so its weird but like i said...i now having problems with the auto unlock/opening of the boot.

Edited by trunks_mk1

• 1 year later...

Hey mate

I have a Octavia 2007 /laura Asian market ,few days bck the ac cooling coil failed so i got it replaced and blower motor serviced and filter changed ...but after i took the car home the front wind screen washer just squirted water without any force,the motor seemed ok and i even cleaning the jets with a pin but not difference....I told the garage but the said they dont have to touch any thing related to the washer so it was not because during changing of cooling coil ....

Pl advice ,what could be the problem and a solution

thanks

quote name='skoda.driver' timestamp='1238603676' post='1594801']

Having read a couple of posts below.....

Open Bonnet.... put bonnet stay in position.

Use cross head screwdriver to remove two screws from air filter housing.

Carefully lever out airfilter housing from under two clips (on left side) but pull housing to right side.

Raise airfilter housing so that access can be gained to underneath air filter.

Locate the pipe end sticking out from the bulkhead

re-attach the pipe that is hanging down to the aforementioned pipe

check the rear washer is working..... if so...

replace air filter housing in the reverse order of removal.

close bonnet.... go and wash your hands.... !

Job done (about 5 minutes)

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

oh my rear window washer isnt working just realised the other day, its a fabia vrs.............do i have to try all of the above, or what should i do first, it all sounds a bit complicated lol.  

Humm on the bulk head in the back of the engine bay there is a joint in the screen wash pipe... 9times out of 10 this joint has simply come apart.

When the vehicle is dry. Press the rear screen wash button for ten or 15 seconds. Then if the pipe work is wet in that area its a case of clip pipes together.

• Like 1

Right after a lot of hoking about today I have discovered that that when i apply the rear washer the water is running down the back of the passenger side wheel arch!  Does this mean the pipe is disconnected inside the boot door.................if so can someone talk me through how to fix it thanks in advance !

also try under the back seat on passangers side as the pipe comes off here as well

and at the back above passanger rear wheel to

all you need to do is puch the two pipes back together again

michael

Hi ho just read your post and when i apply the rear washer the water is running out behind the rear wheel on passenger side, can you tell me if pipe is disconnected above the wheel or is it in the boot door?  if its above the rear wheel how do you get at it as the liner is in the way? sorry for being so dopey lol not very technically minded!

• 1 month later...

I used to experience the pipe coming off in the bulkhead a lot,until i carried out the cage mod in miniature on the pipe,taking care to not crush the pipe that is..very awkward to do but worth persevering.

Cause- using WATER in bottle. Skoda had problems and suggested 50% wash fluid . Mine had problems with a company putting in water. I read the Skoda report and use atmost 50/50 screen wash . Had the car over six years with no pipes off.