Skoda Retro/Replacement Badges

PastyBoy

Hi Mole

Due to Skoda's thumb down from a copyright point of view Briskoda endorsement of a group buy had to stop :weeping: to keep them out of the brown stuff

However I may still be able to lay my hands on some badges :thumbup:

Drop me a PM if you're interested

Edited by PastyBoy

as ridiculous as it sounds i haven't actually rebadged mine as the missus has forbid it!! :rolleyes:

However during the development process i did pop off the front badge (prised it away from the sticky foam stuff with a tesco's club card) and then the new ones flex to the curve of the hole thats left behind - SIMPLES! ;)

drop me a PM if you want some

Really easy, provided you don't make the same mistake as me - Leaving trace amounts of intensive tar remover on the body which dissolved the glue on the new badge, then use a slightly toxic adhesive which warped the badge... fortunately the front one went on no problem!

They come with self-adhesive, but I and a few others that fitted them put a ring of stronger adhesive (in my case superglue) around the outer edge of the badge to prevent water ingress and to guarantee a solid fix.

Up to you what you do - the standard adhesive is good but I'm not sure it could stand up to pressure washing and sustained moisture :)

Do it anyway - that's my strategy

lol it is OUR car and she's been good enough to listen to my rantings about remaps, RARB, strut braces, bushes, bigger brakes and an on-going serach for alloys! so i'll let her win this one! :Doh and Rob your should be winging their way across the world

Jake - These are 2 prototypes on a silver octy estate from my work fleet

They were printed black and grey rather than being printed black on silver material so look a bit washed out,

and funnily enough my boss wouldn't let me attack the car with a screwdriver! :) so they were put over the original badges rather than replacing them.

Hope this helps

Edited by PastyBoy

• 1 month later...