le badge

I bought one of the new LE VRS and am extremely happy with the car the only complaint is the poorlimited edition badge the red lettering is poor quality and started peeling . Reported the problem but no lead time on replacement (hope they produced more than 500 badges )

Any one else with this prob!

would send a photo but after taking it to the dealer to show i have now painted the letters back in

still waiting for replacement though still think its bit cheapskate

• 2 weeks later...

was in Royce Roberts Hull yesterday looking at an LE they have in stock, I thuoght I wanted one of these but now I'm not so sure!

I agree the LE badge is poor. looks like its just been stuck on from an accessory shop! tbh I think Skoda could and should have done so much more with this car. A re-designed steering wheel,(pointless imo!) silver ashtry cover and fuel and temp gauges re-sited seem a poor effort at 're-designing the interior'. Ok the seats are nice but again not as sporty and wrap-around as they appear in the brochure pics. It's as though Skoda have thought, ' oh we had better be careful, cant't make things look too sporty, we might change peoples opinion of us and damage Golf Gti sales! ;-) I do like the larger door mirrors though and although much critised, the wheels actually arn't bad and the chrome valve stem and cap are a nice touch but overall imo the car is lacking when compared to a standard Vrs. No Xenon's!!! and why fit a 'touch screen' radio but no sat nav! I think a standard Vrs to your own spec is the better option.

I havnt even got my LE yet and the limited edition badge has come off, peeled off with the protective film when it was PDId yesterday. Lol

I have asked my dealer to order a new one which i will either put on myself or leave rattling around in the glovebox for any future owner to put on at there discretion.

I havnt even got my LE yet and the limited edition badge has come off, peeled off with the protective film when it was PDId yesterday. Lol

I have asked my dealer to order a new one which i will either put on myself or leave rattling around in the glovebox for any future owner to put on at there discretion.

Had my LE for a week now and before I picked up the car part of the red lettering on the "m" was missing. I mention it to the dealers just incase or should I say when more red lettering falls off I`ll be returning it for a replacement. This is a common fault reading previous threads and hopefully they will sort it out by introducing a quallity one. IMHO it looks good but only if it stays in one piece

Another LE owner with the same problem - I'm awaiting the garage to get a replacement for my badge which was 'stripped' before I had even picked it up!

Its been the only thing on the car which I think has been poor.

Get to your garage and get a new badge if this has happened though- don't pay for faulty goods (even if it is a silly wee badge:)).

Personally I think my badge looks better without the red letters. When I picked my car up 3 weeks ago all the red lettering had gone. It was only when I spotted this thread that I realised that mine had obviously rubbed off during the PDI.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

yes what a let down, went to pick car first thing i notice is the cheap badge with the lettering hanging off have asked dealer to take off ! they said they are in talks with skoda to redesign badge . wicked car though

Same here, lettering was peeling off when the car came off the transporter according to the dealer, i've kept the badge on just got the dealer to remove the red sticky (or not so sticky) vinyl. Awaiting replacement from Skoda. Cheers

Same here, lettering was peeling off when the car came off the transporter according to the dealer, i've kept the badge on just got the dealer to remove the red sticky (or not so sticky) vinyl. Awaiting replacement from Skoda. Cheers

And another............Red lettering peeling from the badge :mad:..............4week+ due to only so many being available as replacements....i wonder if they have got the message yet and going to produce a quality replacement badge :confused: otherwise its back to the dealers if it happens again :rotz::rotz:

• 1 month later...

Just recieved my replacement LE badge from my dealer!, it's different from the original badge as the letters are not recessed, it looks like they have just screen printed this time which should make it more robust but i'm not so sure it looks as classy as the original?

Yep, can confirm both SkippyVRS's and my LE are now sporting the new badges as supplied and fitted by Willis's. THe design is better as the lettering is actually flush and looks more like it's been baked on rather than letra-setted on.

Mind you, I was lucky as mine hadn't started to peel at all. Probably just a matter of time.

Martin

there will be sticky pad on the back of the badge. only problem is getting the old one off without causing damage. suggest hairdryer and possibly some fishing line.

Not attempted mine yet (too nervous)