Adjustment headlight motor Octavia 1.8T

All dealers will sell this part - they just won't have it in stock. You can walk into (or in most cases phone) and ask them to order any part. It will normally arrive within two days at the dealer.

If you need to order it online and have it delivered to you, try Allparts South West. Their phone number is 01392 420460. IIRC, a mate got an adjuster from there as he lives nearby.

• 7 months later...

Sorry about replying older topic. I may have to change motor from my ´01 Octavia. How did You get the old motor out and new motor in? I guess You had to remove glass from the headlight unit, or is it somehow possible to remove motor without detaching glass? Is there any special things to take care when replacing motor? Thanks!

You have to take the black cover off the back of the headlight unit and then unscrew the motor. The motor is held in by three screws, two you can see and one you can't see. If you unplug the wiring to it then unscrew the two screws you can see, you can then turn the motor so you can get to the other screw. The motor then slides out.

It can be very tricky trying to get it back in though!

Thanks for the reply, chicken_eyebrow. I actually had the whole lamp unit in my hands and tried to figure out the proper removal method. Two screws were already off but couln't see the third one. Have to look again. It may also need some additional hand through the bulb hole. If I get my fingers to fit there.

Before buying a new one I would like to check that the motor gets power. Slightly tricky to fit any probe to the connector at the motor. One has to try, though...

You were almost there- once you've got those two screws out if you rotate the motor you will be able to see the third screw through one of the holes the other screws came out of, and you should be able to get a screwdriver in there to get that third screw out - I admit it can be very difficult!

Once you've got the motor off it should be easy to test it. When I changed mine I just plugged it back into its little plug and got someone to sit in the car and adjust the headlight levels while I looked at the motor to see if it was doing anything.

Thanks again for the reply. I explained poorly my power testing idea. I already know, that the motor is silent. Just want to check that all wiring is in order. Allthough I still suspect the motor, since motor on the other side works properly...

I found there wasn't a lot I could do apart from buying a new motor unit for £29 and fitting it.

I did pull the old motor unit apart and you can get to the little circuit board and motor inside it but I think the motor was stuck to the circuit board so I didn't want to damage anything.

If one of mine goes again I don't think I'll bother replacing it as I've only ever used the adjustment a couple of times, but its one of these things someone could point out if I ever wanted to sell the car.

Yepp! Got it out, going to see the salesman to get new one. Should get fixed with that.

In Finland light height control is one of those things need to be in order when vehicle is annually checked by officials.

Edit: New motor in its place, motor working ok. Changed indicator bulb at the same time. Thanks for Your help in both threads, chicken_eyebrow!

Edited by jaakko_