Octavia Mk1 Coil Pack mine has different ones?

Awol

I have diagnosed coil pack no2 faulty from vag com,

when I pop the bonnet to have a look the one i think is number 2 is different, yellow top and bolted down? i have heard people talk about bolt down coil packs? does this mean this has been changed before, i guess maybe it had one from scrappy instead of new and thats why its gone again?

can I check they are numbered left to right as you open bonnet?

Allan

30059.attach

30060.attach

In my experience, once one has gone the rest will follow, especially if remapped, best save up for 4 genuine vag ones, I did, much better than any oem ones. Cant really see any need for the bolt down ones.

Thanks,

got one on order, the part number on my weird yellow one is a vw/audi part but I couldnt find on google that it is suitable for 1.8T so bit worrying! I'm not very far from dealer so just take them as they come I think! this one in only intermittant so will keep it as a potential "get me home" part

Guest westallc

the bolt down ones are the ones to get..

the reason they can fail or breakdown is there can be an element of movement in the old style and often fail..

to this date i have not heard of the new style bolt down failing..they are far superior..

buy the bolt down ones fella much better :thumbup:

Guest westallc

must admit i havent seen one with the yellow top and mine needed the connectors changed so that might be a cheap copie???

if not its the first i have heard of to fail.....

i have a spare coil if you need old style like your others :thumbup:

intermittant is becoming a bit more frequent so just gonne get one today! dealership said always has them on the shelf, and i cant afford to swap all four for bolt downs this month!

especially as my turbo didnt seem to be working this morning, drove ok, just no turbo kick, and obviously down on power, no warning lights or anything so some more forum searching for ideas and VAG COM when I get home I guess!