Boot (trunk) wont unlock or open

The boot of my Octavia ii hatch wont open. Central locking works on the doors and fuel cap - but nothing moves on the boot latching mechanism. I can open the boot from the inside using the emergency release mechanism - but not from the outside.

Has anyone got advice on how to fix this?

Cheers

Anton

Does it make any noise when you press the unlock button on the outside of the boot? Does it make any noise when you're locking and unlocking the car?

If its silent the actuator needs replacing, if it makes all the right noises and still doesn't work then the connection between the actuator and the rest of the boot mechanism is broken.

The plastic lining should pull off the inside of the boot lid to allow you to have a look inside. Use a plastic ruler or bike tyre lever to start removing the lining (Nothing metal) if it's not coming off by hand.

Just took it to the dealership. A mechanic noticed that the sensor for establishing if the boot is closed was out of position. This sensor is located in the latch mechanism on the bootlid.

This gave the management system of the car the impression that the boot was always open - hence it would not respond to opening again.

He knocked it back into position with the back of a screwdriver - and hey presto - all works again!

• 7 months later...

Just took it to the dealership. A mechanic noticed that the sensor for establishing if the boot is closed was out of position. This sensor is located in the latch mechanism on the bootlid.

This gave the management system of the car the impression that the boot was always open - hence it would not respond to opening again.

He knocked it back into position with the back of a screwdriver - and hey presto - all works again!

Sorry for resurrecting an old post but i have a similar problem now, the boot locks but the car still thinks its open so it doesn;t open again through the remote button or the boot button. Where and what exactly is this sensor as i wanna know whether mine has knocked out of place.