OCC Installation

Bowders1

OCC Installation Part 1

Hi Folks, got round to fitting the OCC today and very pleased with finnshed results.:D

Thanks go out to Jaymd for organising group buy and Robclubley and westallc for there pics to help. :thumbup:

Pic’s of the hose used which is lined to stop oil breaking down the silicon.

VRSFMICBumpermod027.jpg

VRSFMICBumpermod032.jpg

Pic’s of the OCC , T piece, Joiner / connector

VRSOCCMod016.jpg

Bracket for OCC (already bent to allow fitting to slam panel), and hose clips at the ready.

VRSOCCMod019.jpg

Front plastic cover removed exposing the nuts and bolts to remove to allow slightly better access to the plastic hose.( I will refit this as like the way it covers the other hoses)

Carefully pull the bracket out the way and at the same time unclip the dip stick and also unplug the sensor that is underneath this metal bracket

VRSFMICBumpermod035.jpg

Pipe highlighted to remove

VRSFMICBumpermod037.jpg

Pipe removed.

VRSOCCMod038.jpg

Can see the goo in the T piece, cleaned this out as best as I could.

VRSOCCMod039.jpg

Remove the Y pipe.

VRSOCCMod040.jpg

VRSOCCMod041.jpg

DV removed and pushed to one side to expose the valve the new hose will be connected to.

VRSOCCMod042.jpg

Parts used to fit new hose to the T Piece. (note joiner cut down slightly to allow full insertion into T piece)

VRSOCCMod043.jpg

New hosed fitted.

VRSOCCMod044.jpg

Area highlighted for OCC to be fitted.

VRSOCCMod022.jpg

Fitted OCC with bent bracket to allow correct positioning of OCC. Bracket fitted underneath the slam panel to look more oem.

VRSOCCMod049.jpg

VRSOCCMod050.jpg

New hose connected to the Valve and DV refitted.

VRSOCCMod051.jpg

Refit the metal bracket removed earlier and remember to re plug sensor and re fit plastic cover.

VRSOCCMod072.jpg

Awsome mate, your a ledge, all these guides.

your in the wrong job unless you work for Haynes. lol

Haynes Modifications lol

billy

Ha Ha, Cheers Billy, :thumbup:

If I am going to do a job it is going to be done well.

Support your forum is what I say.......

Now where's haynes phone number :rofl:

Excellent guide mate. Nice one :thumbup:

Only problem for me is that I can't use that hole on the slam panel, because the rod normally clips there :(.

It was just the right place and as I have bonnet lifters was going spare.;)

Looks very nice! is it one of these oil catchment tanks? what are the benefits of having one?

Hi there , thanks. Yes it is a oil catch tank. It basically filters the fumes and oil away from your engine and allows the fumes and crud to recollect in a seperate container ie a catch tank.

From here it is easily possible to drain this captured oil and either reuse it if you wish or cleanly disposed of.

Someone may have a more technical term but that's about it.

Talking of draining it off, has anyone undone the butterfly nut on the bottom? Feck it's tight!

I am not sure if the butterfly should come all the way off, but when it is loose the oil and crud just pours out. Maybe it is to stop folks loosing it?

Guest westallc

yes mate it unscrews but doesnt come all the way off:thumbup:

and yes it is sided cranck side and inlet side so the unit can work. there is no oil vapour going the inlet i have had mine on for a good few months and my inlet track is 100% clean:thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 1

yes mate it unscrews but doesnt come all the way off:thumbup:

and yes it is sided cranck side and inlet side so the unit can work. there is no oil vapour going the inlet i have had mine on for a good few months and my inlet track is 100% clean:thumbup::thumbup:

That's good news.:thumbup: This was one of the main reason for me to fit mine, to keep things clean.

How much liquid did you get out of yours so far?

Edited by Bowders1
  • Like 1

Guest westallc

not loads but enough......the inlet track is completly clean and so is the throttle body and front mount so i know its working well

and breath so much better:thumbup:

Talking of draining it off, has anyone undone the butterfly nut on the bottom? Feck it's tight!

Yeah I've fiddled with mine loads! Ooo err. It was only finger tight, as you're not supposed to remove anything from the can. You literally spin the butterfly up the thread to open the valve, then spin it back down to the bottom to seal it again. If you force it undone the wrong way, you may end up removing the whole valve from the can!

I need to go buy my hose this week....

Yeah I've fiddled with mine loads! Ooo err. It was only finger tight, as you're not supposed to remove anything from the can. You literally spin the butterfly up the thread to open the valve, then spin it back down to the bottom to seal it again. If you force it undone the wrong way, you may end up removing the whole valve from the can!

I need to go buy my hose this week....

Got mine here if it helps.

19mm 3/4" Silicone Fuel & Oil Hose Flouro 1 Metre Blue on eBay (end time 17-Oct-09 15:46:14 BST)