Octavia Scout 09 mudflaps - rear

:cool: Bit more involved with the rears (more pics),The mudflaps are KEA 600 002 (£20), you will need a torx 25 screwdriver,stanley knife,padsaw with a wood cutting blade some marking tape and a tape measure. First chock the front wheels jack the car up and remove the wheel to allow access,remove the 3 lower torx screws, the edge of the outer plastic wheel arch is about 10mm and needs to be cut thinner to allow the mudflap to fit,so using the padsaw on the inside edge of the outer liner cut a mark either side of the fixing points about 5mm deep (there are 3 of them),then cut along a casting mark removing the excess plastic between the fixing points,using the marking tape mark the mudflap with the hole positions, the sizes should be correct for both sides of the car (see pics for clarity) the holes are all approx 20mm wide by 18mm deep, after double checking carefully cut out the holes using the stanley knife.I trimmed off a small lip on the back edge to allow it to go on better,also trim off the top corner to allow for a fixing point. Offer up the mudflap to the edge and the holes should match up with the thicker fixing points if so press the mudflap into position, you might need to remove slightly more plastic around the holes for a perfect fit -carefull that you don't pull on the fixing points when removing the mudflap.The fixing holes should match up so reinsert the screws, I added another nut and bolt in the lower edge to hold the felt liner more tightly. Job done :thumbup: cheers - Stuart.

30903.attach

30904.attach

30905.attach

30906.attach

30907.attach

• 5 months later...

do you have a picture of the full car with the front and rear mud flaps fitted please, I was thinking of doing the same when my Scout arrives in April but not sure what the finished job looks like. Thanks for detail fit.

Bob Wilson

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbup: Hi Bob, just looked at all my pics and cannot find any with them fitted, so I will take some tommorow, it looks as though I have to download them to a website if I can find one, if not I will PM them to you. cheers - Stuart

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq103/sparky2/Octavia%20Scout%20pics/IMG_3836.jpg

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq103/sparky2/Octavia%20Scout%20pics/IMG_3839.jpg

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq103/sparky2/Octavia%20Scout%20pics/IMG_3837.jpg

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq103/sparky2/Octavia%20Scout%20pics/IMG_3838.jpg

Edited by sparky2

• 3 weeks later...

:thumbup: Hi Bob, just looked at all my pics and cannot find any with them fitted, so I will take some tommorow, it looks as though I have to download them to a website if I can find one, if not I will PM them to you. cheers - Stuart

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq103/sparky2/Octavia%20Scout%20pics/IMG_3836.jpg

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq103/sparky2/Octavia%20Scout%20pics/IMG_3839.jpg

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq103/sparky2/Octavia%20Scout%20pics/IMG_3837.jpg

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq103/sparky2/Octavia%20Scout%20pics/IMG_3838.jpg

Thaks for the pics they look good, Tthe reason I was interested is that when Ivisit my daughter she lives along a muddy(RED) country lane, and my car gets covered in mud even up the sides.

So I think it would be worth the effort to fit them.

Thanks again

Bob wilson

• 5 months later...

I am also looking for mud flaps for the Scout as it sprays the caravan badly when on muddy roads but then again the Octavia I had before had mud flaps and still sprayed the caravan when I crossed a dirty construction site entrance. Sounds a tad complicated for this "pensioner female" to fix - so perhaps a caravan cover is my best option - groan at the extra thing to do before moving though!

• 6 months later...

I was under the impression that the Scout has mud flaps, but obviously mine hasn't and it appears that neither has anyone elses'. like you I do get fed up with either side of the front of the caravan gets splattered with mud.

We are up are up at Winterton over the Easter holiday, and I just love the way your roads don't seem to have the potholes we have down here. Even the A15 to the Humber is pothole free (generally) even though used by lots of lorries cutting off the motorway 'corner'. :thumbup:

• 5 months later...

Thinking about doing something to fix mudflaps to my Scout for this winter - may also help with snow build-up behind the wheels, which was quite substantial last year.

Looked at Sparky's photos and all makes sense.

A couple of questions:

Presumably KEA 600 002 is a Skoda part number?

If so, what was the part number for the front mudflaps? By the wheel arch design I guess it should be different.

Having done some rallying in the past, I was looking at fixing some polyethylene flaps, but that's probably a bit boy racer-ish. Polyethylene flaps attached to the bottom of moulded flaps may however be an option, as the roads round my way are very muddy and the flaps could do with being longer than shown in Sparky's photos, to catch more muck.

Paul J

The Octavia mud flaps have come in for some criticism in the past as they just don't sit low enough to be of much use.

Add to that the increased ride height of the Scout and I'm not sure the effort is worth it?

As for hacking into the wheel arches :o , a couple of extra seconds with the jet wash for me :giggle:

If there was ever a model of Octavia that should have mudflaps either as standard or at least as a dealer fit option it is the 4x4 Scout :no:

Yes, have to say that my concern, having thought about it a bit more, is that there's a fair amount of hacking about at body trim for not a lot of gain.

I'm working on the polyethylene rally-style mudflaps idea at the minute. Car gets really dirty in the winter, nearest jet wash is miles away and I begrudge the money, and I'm also too busy to wash the car regularly.

Having had a play around this evening, I reckon it should be possible to cut a polyethylene flap to fit fairly closely, and hang down as much as you want, without having to trim any bodywork at all.

Demon Tweeks do 43 x 30cm flaps in red, blue, white or black for £21.40 per pair. Dead easy to cut and trim to whatever shape you want.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Search.do?method=delegate&n=1910&b=100&g=5498&s=mudflaps

Front arches are simple, as the torx head screws are pretty much at the leading edge of the arch. Been knocking-up some ideas for 'spacer' brackets for the rears to get over that overhang problem. Tried some stiff garden wire with loops formed at the ends, but the best so far is sheet metal from a Quality Street tin, folded double to give a bit more rigidity. I don't reckon the brackets need to be really substantial, just strong enough to support the polyethylene.

For less than £45, and no mods to trim panels like with the pre-moulded ones that Sparky used, I reckon it could be worth giving it a go. No harm done to the car if it doesn't work or looks naff. Going to do some mock-ups with cardboard this weekend to see what it looks like, then if I give it a try I'll post some instructions and photos.

• 4 months later...

They are rally flaps and stand out like a sore thumb.

In terms of doing their job i.e. catching mud they do a great job, as for looking inconspicuous then no chance!

They remind me of those 'one size fits all' mud flaps that the likes of eBay are flooded with, they just look so 'Halfords' :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone come up with a solution for an alternative to the standard Octavia mud flaps ? I need to fit some soon, my Caravan looks like a Dalmatian : :'( giggle: How did you get on with your mod ideas Howardian1 ?.. Is it :beer: time yet ?

• 7 years later...

Wish I'd read this post earlier... just pinged the guy at SuperSkoda to see if he had flaps to fit a 2011 Scout. Seems I've wasted his time :(