Seat covers

Got some seat covers from Lidl for £9.99 for the vRS

Fed up of cleaning water stains and was considering a George Numatic when I spotted these.

2 hours work - fiddly - and I managed to put fronts on wrong sides :o (airbag cutout patches should be on outside), also on wrong fitting at rear managed to loosen some tags which required restitching hence the rear zip down portion for the split backrest is a touch puckered (there is no split for the rear base). They come with 5 headrest covers - lucky as one 'ran / laddered'. And, yes, you lose the front seat rear pockets.

But, at a quick glance you'd think they were genuine covers, so pretty pleased at the price - and especially as they will be easier to clean.

P1330688.jpg

P1330673.jpg

P1330671.jpg

P1330690.jpg

do then come in different designs?

Yup, I remember a very dark set but not much else as I was too concerned over how these would be.

Offer started 8th Oct - not showing on site now but will probably have some stock left.

I would give local store telephone call 1st.

Edited by anonymouse
fergot

They look perfect for a vRS and look like they fit very well, as well. :thumbup:

What are the covers made from, are they waterproof? Do the covers fit over the back of the seats covering them or are they only on the front?

I have some cheap ones from Aldi but they don't fit very well and only cover the front of the seat. The vRS having bucket seats don't do that very well either!

Edited by Jim H

They look perfect for a vRS and look like they fit very well, as well. :thumbup:

What are the covers made from, are they waterproof? Do the covers fit over the back of the seats covering them or are they only on the front?

I have some cheap ones from Aldi but they don't fit very well and only cover the front of the seat. The vRS having bucket seats don't do that very well either!

1/ A bit of bagginess at the base of the fronts - I think I could have pulled them in a bit tighter though. (Basically you have two flaps of material that go through the gap in the Fabia base. The first, a very thin black 'gauze', you pull tight 1st and then fold this up under the bottom of the 'upper / backrest' cover where a velcro strip grips it. The second is sturdier and similar to the base material - this you also pull through and then using hooks and the two loops you attach to the underside of the front seats.)

2/ Covers not waterproof, sturdy emough main covering, side thinner and, as mentioned, back of headrest covers even thinner which is why one 'ran'.

3/ Rear covers only overlap the back around 2 inches.

But, as I said, for £9.99 they'll do just fine to protect and save me so much cleaning.

I will have to go find a local Lidl near me. There must be one in Middlesbrogh (I think there is) or near there. I hope they will still have them in stock. :D

Spending £10 on a set of those is a bit better than £60+ for some Custom fit (Climate) ones and that would only be for the fronts.

Edited by Jim H

I've just gone and got some. I went to one store and they still had the covers (about 7 of them) but they were not the right design. I then went to another and there was only one left, but it was the right one.

I have not tried them yet. They do seam a bit darker then the seats and the one shown in the picter though, but still. :D