Yeti - Forum Members Picture Thread

Krooked

The Elegance and SE both have a darker tint to the rear windows, described as 'Sunset glass'

Would also like to agree the Tibetan SM is looking most excellent as usual; need to sort mine out at some time, tar splatters down the sides from the shoddy road repairs filling in the 'moon craters'.

Regards,

TP

Gorgeous photo TP :yes: EDIT: whooops apopogies Aero :doh:

Is it to early for a brandy?

201003130129.jpg

nearly as beautiful as this ones eyes...gannet.jpg

Edited by Lady Penelope

For real comparison though, the standard halogen as on my SE

That's gorgeous too :thumbup:

4431789424_d017acc391_b.jpg

Now I've got to find a red bird...

Found one...

redbird.jpg

Edited by Lady Penelope

In all honesty those pics make me wish I'd ordered a white one instead of red :doh:

White was my fave but my better half has a 'thing' with white that she doesnt like....maybe its the white Fiesta RS turbo we once owned...and crashed in!! :wonder:

Red will be good I guess...oh yes - latest news is our is built and in transit to Germany....whohooo!!!

Great photos aerofurb, I love the reg plate. I think you should rename your car colour 'pristine white'. How do you keep it so clean?

I test drove a white yeti at the dealers, it is the only white yeti in Ireland according to registration stats.

Hi ChicoItaly,

great pics, is your Monster standard spec in Italy or do you have options? Also notice you list the Yeti as being an Adventure trim level, does Italy like the UK use different names to the standard Active, Ambition and Experience.

Regards,

TP

Hello TP! Yes, in Italy the middle level is called "Adventure". My Yeti has the optional: climatronic bizone, rear parking sensors and MUDFLAPS (mounted but after the purchase).

The adventure is already well equipped in terms of accessories.

Now I would like to mount the rear stereo speakers. You know where to mount the rear speakers is already designed the cables behind the speaker cover?

Hello TP! Yes, in Italy the middle level is called "Adventure". My Yeti has the optional: climatronic bizone, rear parking sensors and MUDFLAPS (mounted but after the purchase).

The adventure is already well equipped in terms of accessories.

Now I would like to mount the rear stereo speakers. You know where to mount the rear speakers is already designed the cables behind the speaker cover?

Thanks,

afraid not much help on the speaker cables as the UK SE (Ambition) has 8 speakers as standard. So I have had no need to go poking around the doors as yet.

Regards,

TP

Thanks for the comments on the Tibetan White SM. On this occassion it had just been washed but (and no one believes it) but even when it's filthy close up from 20ft away the white shines through the dirt. It'll get cleaned again on Friday (or very early Saturaday morning) as it's going back to Allams for the towbar fit and I don't want James to think it's unloved!

Funny how this thread provides prospective Yeti owners with far more colour info than a manufacturer's brochure ever can. emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Thanks for the comments on the Tibetan White SM. On this occassion it had just been washed but (and no one believes it) but even when it's filthy close up from 20ft away the white shines through the dirt. It'll get cleaned again on Friday (or very early Saturaday morning) as it's going back to Allams for the towbar fit and I don't want James to think it's unloved!

Funny how this thread provides prospective Yeti owners with far more colour info than a manufacturer's brochure ever can. emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Hi Furby,

Say hi to James for me - we have begun discussing my monster order thanks to your help, just hope he can come up with some figures that work as your white beast looks superb and incredibly shiny !! Question - did you change your tyres to 16" for the winter ?? It sounded like you put 17" on after having 16" ones on for the winter ?? or did I read it wrong as I understand they come with 17" wheels on ?

Have a good trip.

P.

Hi Furby,

Say hi to James for me - we have begun discussing my monster order thanks to your help, just hope he can come up with some figures that work as your white beast looks superb and incredibly shiny !! Question - did you change your tyres to 16" for the winter ?? It sounded like you put 17" on after having 16" ones on for the winter ?? or did I read it wrong as I understand they come with 17" wheels on ?

Have a good trip.

P.

Hi,

more confusion between aero and Postman Pat :rofl:

No it's yours truly who's messes about changing footwear and yes both the Elegance and SE use 17" wheels as standard.

Anyway not personally met James but I hope he can offer you a great deal on your Monster purchase.

Regards,

TP

Hi Furby,

Have a good trip.

P.

I will indeed pass on your regards to James. As TP said - being a southern jessy (but north of West Sussex... emoticon-0105-wink.gif ) I roughed it through the winter on standard 17" rims and tyres.

Hello Everybody!

I've posted some pics of my Muscovado (Mato brown) Yeti.

pics are of modest quality (I'll try better with next accasion), but for those who are interested in the Mato Brown/ muscovado color, they show the Yeti under different Lights and ambient conditions.

...one last note, I've not washed the yeti yet! and since we have had a few snow and rain recently ...well judge by yourself.

at this is the address you should be able to see them

http://fotoalbum.virgilio.it/elcano/organize/index.html?idAlbum=4294537184

Ciao

Photos of the Yeti in comparison to a Daihatsu Sirion as requested :)

downloaded16032010217.jpg

downloaded16032010218.jpg

It is a higher step up... but no where near as high as a normal 4x4:

downloaded16032010219.jpg

I will add some more from rear view so you can compare:

Width-(its about the same)

Height- yes it's a bit taller!

(when our photo edit software stops being mardy :doh: - no no it's not the user! :angel: so I can scrub out the reg plates)

Does the gobi interior come with different coloured door / dash panels ?

Hi Gilesmengland

yes it does! :thumbup: We fell in love with it when we test drove a Muscovado Yeti with it in... but combined with the Cappucinno it looks the business- not that I'm biased... :giggle:

I haven't taken any photos of the interior yet!

but see 3rd post down on this link p3 of this thread

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/144075-yeti-forum-members-picture-thread/page__st__40

where mbrock has posted a couple of interior shots of the Gobi.

I will take some more at the weekend and post them next week

best wishes

Lady Penelope

Edited by Lady Penelope

Which is better/nicer: rubber floor mats or carpet????

Better...Most DEFINITELY rubber. SO practical - just take them out and hose them off when dirty and great if you spill a liquid/drink too as it won't seep through to the carpet underneath...

Which is better/nicer: rubber floor mats or carpet????

Carpet, every time. They help to absorb cabin noise whereas rubber, as with any hard surface, will not (similar to why I prefer cloth seats to leather) and you can still wash your carpet mats down if you get them really grubby. At the dealership that I used to work in the carpet mats of the used cars would all be lined up and jet washed before being left to dry in the sun. They all looked like new afterwards.

Of course if you live on a farm I can see that rubber would be more practical but also remember that it is easier for damp shoes to slip on rubber than carpet so carpet is safer too. Just my thoughts anyway, for what they are worth.

Agree with shrub, carpet for me too - rubber mats are just so slippery when they are wet and your feet slide all over the pedals. They look bloody messy too whereas carpet ones do get grubby but they seem easy to clean and they look the part, particularly if they have the logo on etc.

Carpets for me.

:thumbup:

Agree with shrub, carpet for me too - rubber mats are just so slippery when they are wet and your feet slide all over the pedals. They look bloody messy too whereas carpet ones do get grubby but they seem easy to clean and they look the part, particularly if they have the logo on etc.

Carpets for me.

:thumbup:

Here is a vote for the rubber mats. They are not slippery at all. They have quite close ridges that stop your feet from sliding and rather high edges to keep the slop from running over. The original Yeti rubber mats also fit wery well in the footwells, although I would have liked the driver's side one to be longer in the back, reaching further under the seat.

The boot mat does not fit the boot with a spare wheel and associated different floor installed - so off to the Danish equivalent of Halfords, Biltema (Swedish actually) and buy a ribbed rubber mat to be custom cut at home to fit.

Edited by Agerbundsen