Sharkperformance STS review

fikes75

On reading the information on the group buy i decided to bite the bullet and go for it.I got the unit yesterday in the post so i went straight out to my car to download my map to the unit which took just over twenty minutes, so as to Email it to Ben.The unit is very easy to use as the screen is very clear and of a good size.

]31377.attach31378.attach31379.attach 31380.attach31381.attach

After downloading it was a simple case of installing the software on my computer and plugging the unit into the computer,from then on it couldn't be simpler you just Email your'e map to Ben ,then he will Email you back within twenty four hours with new maps.

Today i got an email with my two maps,one performance map:D and one immobiliser .

I uploaded the maps to the unit then went and installed them onto my ecu which is a piece of cake,as it is all clearly explained on the unit so you can't go wrong.

Right ,now to the most important bit is it any good ,if you could see the grin on my face you would not need to ask, it is the best money i have spent in a long time for grin factor.Granted the roads are a bit greasy just now so traction was a bit of a problem in a few gears:D ,fourth gear now feels like second and even in sixth gear it pulls like mad .Through the gears is just unreal compared to what it was ,this is how the car should have been from new as you guys with remaps will agree.

Would i recommend this unit to anyone else, Hell aye ,the ability to revert back to standard map should you wish,be able to use again on your'e next car regardless of make (different map required) built in fault reader and the ability to clear faults,and no matter where in the world you are you can remap your'e car yourself with the maps from Sharkperformance.

There may be other products on the market that do similar things ,but i cant fault this for it's ease of use and results.

I would like to say thanks to Ben@ Sharkperformance for a great product .

Edited by fikes75

good to see your happy, now you need to get yourself to a good RR for some results.

Im hoping to pay a visit there some time soon so he can work his magic on the car and give her some stage 3 action, ill also have the bluefin stage 2+ map on before we start so a good comparison to rate it against.

looking forward to it.

Edited by simonskerton

Hi mate ,as regards to the immobiliser map ,it's there purely for security reasons ie if you leave your car somewhere for a long time, like if you are on holiday you can install that map so that even if someone gets your keys they cant drive your'e pride and joy away, then when you come home you simply install the performance map back on and away you go :thumbup:.

One of the main reasons i went with this unit was the fact that i am about three hours away from the nearest rolling road so that was a no go,as for figures i have no clue but the butt dyno says oh yeh.

you want stage 2, that what you want. just the exhaust to go now,....then the fuel pump....then the intercooler.......then stage 3.

Noooooooooooo ,lol, where will it all end si :orb_futur.

@ fikes 75 it doesnt. you wait til you get used to the remap and it no longer feels that quick,you'll want more.

the worst thing you can do is drive a car with more mods as well. thats the worst thing and where i keep going wrong

@robclubley are you going from nothing to stage 2. cos bloody hell that will be huuuugly quicker then

I have a Custom Code map now which dyno'd at 174WHP - about 200 at the flywheel.

Ben reckons stage 2 wil be around 224 at the flywheel.

And about 25-30% more torques!

I also have a decat downpipe to fit once the map is in place (he's mapping out the second O2 sensor for me)

Looking forward to it!!

I have a Custom Code map now which dyno'd at 174WHP - about 200 at the flywheel.

Ben reckons stage 2 wil be around 224 at the flywheel.

And about 25-30% more torques!

I also have a decat downpipe to fit once the map is in place (he's mapping out the second O2 sensor for me)

Looking forward to it!!

should be sweet when on. i fitted a decat temporarily earlier this year before buying hofmeisters pipewerx DP. very marginal difference between them which i was suprised at.

Took one of my mates out for a spin earlier on ,and he was blown away by the difference in the car since the STS was used to install stage 1 map ,he said it felt like a totally different car ,what the hell must the stage three be like :eek:.

Took one of my mates out for a spin earlier on ,and he was blown away by the difference in the car since the STS was used to install stage 1 map ,he said it felt like a totally different car ,what the hell must the stage three be like :eek:.

torque, torque, torque. thats what i want

im so used to it now, it doesnt feel that quick anymore, hoping this will give a much more rgent power delivery throughout

i now have shark oerfomance stage 3 on mine.

Initial thoughts are:

SH!T THE BED!!!!!!!!

i thought the bluefin was quick(not brilliant but quick), this new map absolutely eclipses the bluefin stage 2. Im going to write a review in a bit.

to summarise i though, going from stage 2+ bluefin, to shark performance stage 3 was almost comparible to going from nothing to stage 1 again.

What a reaction!!! :rofl:

To put it into perspective if AMDs rollers were to be trusted, my bluefin stage 2+ had 277bhp 305Ibft.

Now weve seen bens vRS(which is only stage 2) which got 260bhp 295Ibft on JKMs rollers.

Bens car was defiantely quicker than mine.

Now with the stage 3 map on my car has much more in the mid-range and top end than his now.(his brakes are better though)