Columbus v Bolero - SD cards

Having seen, and commented on, the slow speed of SD card reading in the Bolero, a simple test was carried out yesterday to see if the problem was down to the cards or the Bolero.

My SD card was tried in a Columbus and one from a Columbus was tried in my Bolero - both being heavily populated 16gb cards.

The results were quite amazing; both cards were like sloths

sloths_like_to_be_given_a_hand.jpg

in the Bolero - approx 45 seconds to initially play the first track and then about the same to re-read the card directory to find what you actually want.

Both were read (or re-read) in the Columbus in about 2 seconds.

I would think that as the Columbus can play dvds it must have a faster (or different) processor, but surely such a big difference must also be down to bad programming in the Bolero?

Does anyone know how to find out what the firmware version of their Bolero is (looking on the casing - mine is:- FD 3809, HW 009 & SW 0053) or do you actually have a Bolero that can read as fast as the Columbus?

Edited by john999boy