Allams Skoda

16/12 2009

Tested Yeti 140 TDI 4x4 i snow -14C

I liked it.

18/12 2009

Ordered a Skoda Yeti Experience TDI 170 4x4 Candywhite

snowyeti.jpg

Welcome to the club.

Lovely dog! That last image is the one of the main detractions of the Yeti for me. Not that it is any better in much of the competition. That is the boot size. I used to have two Irish Wolf Hounds. The dog was absolutely enormous, much larger then the bitch. He weighed in at 14 stone, shoulder hight just short of a meter and with his rear feet on the ground and front on my shoulders towered above me. He could take food from my hand extended as far as I could stretched above my head, with ease. The tip of his nose just short of the ceiling. A gentle giant. the two of them together took up an awful lot of room. This was not a problem with just the two of us but with a young daughter the Yeti would probably not take one of them. Not a problem at the moment but sometimes one do think about getting anther Wolf Hound andn it might be back to driving larger 4x4 again all of the time. Still it might never happen

Great, Lovely looking dog, I've got two of them and have been thinking about a Yeti, but was concerned about the boot space, they are both used to an Octavia estate boot.

As promised, a couple of Snow Monster snow pictures - in colour....

200912180009.jpg

Note you can check the ground clearance from the snow level seen in front of the Yeti (exhaust was clear)

200912180015.jpg

Yeti lights are just so funky. I like lights, must have been a moth in a previous life :)

looked like you had a lot of snow :rofl: like the white yeti due to it blends in with the snow on the picture lol good pics btw :thumbup:

There's actually plenty of room for a Yeti in the boot....

200912280003.jpg

Well my friends thought it looked like a Yeti and seeing as no one knows what a Yeti really looks like who can dispute it! ;)

PS This PON dog - is that a small version of our Old English Sheepdog then?

He is an relativ to Bearded Colie

Bearded Collie history

It is difficult to distinguish between fact and legend when looking at the history of a breed, but it is believed that Kazimierz Grabski, a Polish merchant, traded a shipment of grain for sheep in Scotland in 1514, and brought six Polish Lowland Sheepdogs to move them. A Scottish shepherd was so impressed with the herding ability of the dogs that he traded a few sheep for a few dogs. These were bred with the local Scottish dogs to produce the Bearded Collie.

There's actually plenty of room for a Yeti in the boot....

200912280003.jpg

Well my friends thought it looked like a Yeti and seeing as no one knows what a Yeti really looks like who can dispute it! ;)

Where did the rubber mat come from and can you give me an idea of the cost?

Cheers Ray :thumbup:

Thanks for that, waiting for my birthday for that one. I know I need to get out more!

By the way, Helgestahill, thanks for the PON info!

:yes:

PS Re the rubber mat - it isn't an exact match to the boot floor with the spare wheel option. It's a bit too long at the seat end but I think that's actually good as it fully covers the seat fold mechanism/releases (don't know if it does on the standard goop/non spare fitment) and also is a slightly different shape at the bumper end but not by much. I like it and isn't silly money in my opinion!

Edited by aerofurb

Could also try one of these, unfortunately only in aqua or red; have one on back order for the good lady (hoped it would be here for Christmas). :rofl:

My link

or maybe

My link

and if you get thirsty

My link

You can also get a Yeti feet ice cube maker (good lady did get one of those for Christmas :rofl: :rofl: ) but cannot find the link at the moment.

Regards,

TP