FL Maxidot/non-Maxidot with pics

As people keep asking about maxidot/non-maxidot (I know I did), I thought I'd post up some pics showing all the functionality of my non-Maxidot display on my Facelift Octavia SE 1.9TDI.

First the full dash pod, so you can also see the rev counter/speedo (this is a 1.9TDI)

dash.jpg

Next up the trip computer display, here showing trip time:

triptime.jpg

Outside temperature:

temp.jpg

Average MPG:

averagempg.jpg

Realtime MPG (shows when moving)

realtimempg.jpg

Range (miles) remaining:

milesremaining.jpg

Miles travelled:

milestravelled.jpg

Average speed

averagespeed.jpg

Speed warning (unset). You can set this to a value and a warning will flash when you exceed this speed:

speedwarning.jpg

and that's everything you get on the non-Maxidot display on a facelift 2009 onwards car.

Hopefully folks might find this useful, and perhaps someone can post pics of Maxidot functionality above and beyond the above.

Edited by Phil_P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that show the 'door open' diagram on it , or is that Maxidot only?

No, that's only on Maxidot.

On the non-Maxidot you simply get a red icon warning light indicating that a door is open, but it doesn't indicate which door as the Maxidot picture does.

thats pretty impressive for standard spec, thanks for taking the time to post it up, still I have ordered with MD today anyway lol

No problem :thumbup:

You're right, the non-Maxidot display in the facelift is a vast improvement over the original Mk II cars. It looks good and should provide enough things to play with for most buyers, although I suspect hard core Briskodians will always want to pay the extra for Maxidot.

No problem :thumbup:

You're right, the non-Maxidot display in the facelift is a vast improvement over the original Mk II cars. It looks good and should provide enough things to play with for most buyers, although I suspect hard core Briskodians will always want to pay the extra for Maxidot.

surely it must cost roughly the same to make the Non-Maxidot as it does to make a Maxidot. Why don't they spec all cars with maxidot

surely it must cost roughly the same to make the Non-Maxidot as it does to make a Maxidot. Why don't they spec all cars with maxidot

Because they can make money out of us :thumbdown:

Another example is Cruise Control. The capability is already there, it just needs a different indicator stalk with a couple of extra buttons to access the functionality. A couple of quid more, but they can charge approaching £200 for it :(

I do not have maxidot, and am wondering when the next (variable) service indication is displayed - as I've not seen anything yet (only done 1000 miles so far though). Does it only start displaying a service reminder when you get nearer the time/mileage?

Cheers,

Bob

--

I do not have maxidot, and am wondering when the next (variable) service indication is displayed - as I've not seen anything yet (only done 1000 miles so far though). Does it only start displaying a service reminder when you get nearer the time/mileage?

Cheers,

Bob

--

Use the small stalk (right side) behind the steering wheel and near the speedometer. Try turning it clockwise. It won't turn but will tick. The last line of your non-maxidot display will now show miles until next service.

• 7 months later...

Thank god for some clear unequivocal information. I thought the dealer had shown me a maxidot on the demonstrator. The non maxidot will do me fine. I guess the chat i have been reading is all about pre-facelift.

Edited by Ellie's Dad

thats pretty impressive for standard spec, thanks for aking the time to post it up, still I have ordered with MD today anyway lol

IMHO a wise decision. Also, folks, don't forget that with xenons maxidot is essential for trips to euroland (yes, I know I've said that many, many times before). The pics are impressive can someone with maxidot post similar pics so that we can see the difference. Maxidot has more pixels but how many more - does anyone know

Maxidot really finishes off the instrument cluster very nicely - well worth £110 just to have more options to play with. Some quick snaps from a MY11 .

post-57295-12809641845185_thumb.jpg

post-57295-12809642017047_thumb.jpg

post-57295-12809642179896_thumb.jpg

post-57295-12809642428618_thumb.jpg

post-57295-12809642770651_thumb.jpg

post-57295-12809642918988_thumb.jpg

here is the maxidot with the door open display....

7.jpg

those with factory ordered sat nav - will show the directions on the maxidot. turn left, right etc etc.

Edited by JR RS

Many thanks to APJ and JR RS for great pics. To my untutored eye it appears to me that except for the door open graphic all other information could be viewable with a non maxidot LCD screen.

Many thanks to APJ and JR RS for great pics. To my untutored eye it appears to me that except for the door open graphic all other information could be viewable with a non maxidot LCD screen.

Nope - maxidot allows you to change some of the car settings which would otherwise require a trip to the dealer to change. It's the options under "settings". The non-maxidot screen only gives you trip computer functions.

The maxidot also tells you a lot more about whats going on with the car should a fault occur. For example if a bulb fails, it tells you exactly which bulb instead of a single bulb fail lamp. You also get to see some of faults should they occur, example on the non maxidot you may get a check engine light, on the maxidot you get an explanation depending on fault. The maxidot is far more sophisticated and well worth the tiny additional outlay to get it, and its free with some options.

Thanks to APJ and mannyo. So maxidot is much more than a fancy screen with better definition (more pixels) it's more like a grown-up diagnostic computer. Given that it can pinpoint even a single failed light bulb I'm surprised that some dealers dismiss it as a duplication of what is already available, albeit as tiny icons. Skoda should make more of this useful option in their sales literature.

Thanks to APJ and mannyo. So maxidot is much more than a fancy screen with better definition (more pixels) it's more like a grown-up diagnostic computer. Given that it can pinpoint even a single failed light bulb I'm surprised that some dealers dismiss it as a duplication of what is already available, albeit as tiny icons. Skoda should make more of this useful option in their sales literature.

ur right - skoda should proclaim/explain/advertise the features of the maxidot. they don't at now!!

tis a shame.

alot of people under-estimate the maxidot features, n think its "slightly" better looking than a non-maxidot, and not worth the upgrade!!

wrong!!!

Thought i'd add a pic of the maxidot when you have the RNS510 sat nav. The direction can be displayed on the maxidot as shown below.

This is not a great example as it's only telling me to drive straight for 7.6miles and my total journey is 175miles. If you come up to roundabouts etc it will display what junction to come off at.

4871683881_a0c6048c2f_m.jpg

Thats the first time Ive seen maxidot in such detail - are the pre FL cars similar in regards to maxidot functions?

Very simillar Duncan, the only thing really missing from the old one is the KMH display.

Taken some better pics of the maxidot with navigation and factory bluetooth.

I didn't think that much of the maxidot when i first got the car but after I retrofitted the nav and bluetooth it really is useful.

Maxidot menu with Nav and Phone options

4872374266_f37e52c0dc_m.jpg

Maxidot in navigation menu with the navigation off will just display a compass and road name

4871774167_e2fdbd5c95_m.jpg

Maxidot in navigation with a route entered on sat nav dislpay turn info

4872382718_b2816bd8fa_m.jpg4872380698_8e4f6cfe4c_m.jpg4872382072_c29ccb9c40_m.jpg

Maxidot in phone menu with GSMIII the rSAP one.

4871776027_926871432c_m.jpg

Call register

4871770717_e27537bb76_m.jpg

Missed calls

4872378826_ab068db822_m.jpg

New SMS message, you can read your text messages but can't reply.

4872376780_79791bb81e_m.jpg4872377562_4342695a8d_m.jpg

Audio showing whats playing, shown below is radio and then other is mp3 playing from hard disk on sat nav

4871767947_36ee380669_m.jpg4871768577_7af1b74b79_m.jpg

Faults also show up on maxidot

4871765977_082bc22dc4_m.jpg

Edited by ollybroad