Yeti Colour, Engine & Trim Survey

The Plumber

Colour of your Monster  

700 members have voted

1. 1. If you own a Monster what colour is he/she? (please owners only-thanks)

• Candy White
    • Corrida Red
    • Pacific Blue
    • Brilliant Silver
    • Storm Blue (withdrawn May 2011)
    • Aqua Blue
    • Cappucino
    • Steel (Platin) Grey
    • Anthracite Grey (withdrawn Sept 09)
    • Amazonian Green (withdrawn May 2011)
    • Muscovado (Mato)
    • Black Magic
    • Rosso Brunello
    • Tangerine Orange (from June 2010, withdrawn May 2011)
    • Terracotta Orange (from June 2011)
    • Lava Blue (from June 2011)
    • Malachite Green (from June 2011)
    • Safari Beige (from June 2011)
    • Orange Cayenne (Special Ed 2011)
  2. 2. your engine

• 1.2TSI
    • 1.8TSI 160 4x4
    • 2.0TDI 110
    • 2.0TDI 110 4x4
    • 2.0TDI 140 4x4
    • 2.0TDI 170 4x4
    • 1.2TSI DSG 7 Speed (from Feb 2010)
    • 140TDI 140 4x4 DSG 6 Speed (from June 2010)
    • 1.4TSI (from July 2010)
    • 1.6TDI GreenLine II (from Nov 2010)
    • 1.8TSI 152 4x4 (from April 2011)
    • 1.8TSI 152 4x4 DSG (From 2011, MY12)
  3. 3. and trim (This is a new question on request (23/01/10) and if you have already entered details for colour & engine and wish to contribute then please delete vote and re-submit thanks)

• E / Yeti
    • S / Active
    • SE / Ambition
    • Elegance / Experience
    • Champion Limited Ed (April 2010)
    • S / Active GreenLine II
    • SE / Ambition GreenLine II
    • Elegance / Experience GreenLine II
    • SE Plus/Family Edition
    • AllDrive Edition

Wife picked the color at the end, muscovado, as it gonna be her car. Candy white came in close...

If it were my car, I would have gone with Platin Grey.

I've also voted as ours is ordered and due in a few weeks (though we'll probably push it back to March 1st for a 10 plate).

Steel Grey 170 Elegance

Interesting results!

It makes some sense. The 140 Diesel is very harmoneous for the vehicle. If you are not a power nut or need to drive 100 mph on the Autobahn, there is no logic justificatin for the 170 and the smaller Diesel must be a bit anemic?

The 1.2 TSI also seems logical for a 2WD.

Colour is so individual that it is difficult to comment on. Resale value would tend to favour the lighter coloured metallics - non-controversial. The red and white save the excess charge for metallic, which is reallly not justifiable from a production cost standpoint, but everyone does it.

If you are not a power nut or need to drive 100 mph on the Autobahn, there is no logic justificatin for the 170 and the smaller Diesel must be a bit anemic

errrr.... in uk the extra 200kg towing capacity from 1600kg in the CR140 to 1800kg in the CR170 was the logical justification for me.

I'm in the happy place where the extra power comes as a fringe benefit and as for the improved 0-60 and torque figures....well it aint like i'll be going 100mph down the motorway hofficer :o

errrr.... in uk the extra 200kg towing capacity from 1600kg in the CR140 to 1800kg in the CR170 was the logical justification for me.

I'm in the happy place where the extra power comes as a fringe benefit and as for the improved 0-60 and torque figures....well it aint like i'll be going 100mph down the motorway hofficer :o

EU specifications (Denmrk in any case) allow 2000 kg towing capacity with brakes on the trailer. This applies to both the 140 and 170 hp models. The smaller diesel is limited to 1800 kg. The limit is also governed by the maximum total weight for car+trailer at 3500 kg for a normal car "B" license. There is some dicussion if the weight is actual or rated. For the trailer, it is actual weight.

My justification for the 170 was pure desire in the first place - coming from the excelent Octy 140 PD with 4 valves/cylinder - and our annual trek to Spain via Germany, where 100+ mph is legal and 160-180 km/hr common and comfortable in the fast lane. I also make some business trips in Germany at other times, so there is ample opportunity to legally make use of the velocity potential. Being able to maintain speed up the long hills in parts of Germany is also very satisfying.

Legal limits in Spain and France are 120 and 130 km/hr. In actual practise, the French do not exceed this much, as the fines are large and photo traps are frequent. In Spain, they are polite enough to warn of the radar traps with signs and 140-150 km/hr is common out on the long open stretches.

Edited by Agerbundsen

Just a quick post to say thanks to all who have taken part so far in the survey. Hadn't realised we had so many of the excellent 1.2TSI's ether with owners or on the way. Starting to support Skoda's statement that this engine would be the big seller; can understand why, great price and a cracking motor by all accounts.

Good to see a nice spread of colours; I think steel grey has been a bit of a dark horse coming out with a strong result. Not unsurprisingly the two principle non-metallics have a good showing as well, both suite the Monster and like myself some owners prefer to spend the hard earned pennies on gadgets. Another surprise no TDI 110 4x4 as yet; know they are out there.

Please keep contributing it's much appreciated.

Regards,

TP

Is it too late to amend poll to select Trim level ?

This would give the full census !

No problem with the amendment; allowed three questions. If however you wish to take part then you will have to delete your previous vote and re-enter.

Regards,

TP

• 2 weeks later...