EGR Valve Issues - 1.2 HTP

kris one

Hi all

I recently had a diagnostics and throttle body cleaning done to my Fabia hatch, we found a faulty EGR valve and i was wondering if you guys know any information on the EGR valve or this issue? i heard it's a common problem on the HTP motors... :wonder:

Thanks for reading, all comments and posts welcome. Kris

The 1.2 3 cyl engine in all the VAG range have problems with the EGR valves, I've seen them blow the core plug out and smash the egr valve housing. IIRC its something to the with the settings in the ECU which causes them to run too hot. I think there is a software update that can be applied by a dealer.

Graham

The 1.2 3 cyl engine in all the VAG range have problems with the EGR valves, I've seen them blow the core plug out and smash the egr valve housing. IIRC its something to the with the settings in the ECU which causes them to run too hot. I think there is a software update that can be applied by a dealer.

Graham

Thanks for replying, so what do you think i should do? Buy a new one and get it fitted or get the software update keeping the existing valve?

If it's due a software update then the dealer should do it when it's serviced, or it might even be something they would do FOC. If it is going to be free, defo worth trying that first IMO, assuming the above hasn't already happened to it.

• 1 year later...

What are the symptoms of the EGR problem?

I have the EPC and exhaust system lights coming on all the time.. the car is down on power and is lumpy when accelerating, it also cuts out some times!

Cheers

Dan

• 4 months later...

What are the symptoms of the EGR problem?

I have the EPC and exhaust system lights coming on all the time.. the car is down on power and is lumpy when accelerating, it also cuts out some times!

Cheers

Dan

You ever get this sorted ?