Rear Washer not working

Over the recent cold spell the rear wash on my VRS Fabia stopped working. Hunted through the forum and while there were plenty of threads on the subject I couldn't find one with "an idiots guide" attached. To correct this here is a pictorial guide on attaching the pipe at the bottom of the washer resevoir located at the front passenger wheel (RHD). Apologies if it's been posted before, I couldn't find it and a picture paints a thousand words as they say.

First turn the steering as far as it will go to the right and take the key out of the ignition.

Remove the 3 torx screws indicated by the red lines in the picture below.

1oowg7.jpg

Next gently pull the plastic inner guard back towards the wheel.

This lets you see the pump and the offending disconnected pipe circled in red.

29eiyxt.jpg

Push the pipe back onto the nozzle and replace the 3 screw from the first picture. Job Done!

axc1d.jpg

Nice pics. :thumbup:

I should have taken some pics last weekend when I looked at the other 3 places the pipe comes off. Ap0gee guide was very useful, but pics are better. :yes:

• 1 year later...

Those pipe keep popping out for me. Had the car two years and I've had to reattach those pipes half a dozen times! lol

Lol I will keep that torx key in a safe place then ;) Anyone know a permanent fix?

Edited by RAPTURE

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Those pipe keep popping out for me. Had the car two years and I've had to reattach those pipes half a dozen times! lol

Post on hereabout washbottle mix. It needs to be at least 50% mix .Other post on hereabout a Skoda fix, which I believe was something akin to a tie wrap /clip. On the other hand ,there's a school of thought that pipe popping off is a safety device to save the motor if the pipes freeze.

This forum helped me find the connection that had popped of in the rear p/s pillar

I knew the carpet was getting wet.thought it was rear door seal.so went ahead and fixed that.

Then it was only cos rear washer stopped working i realised how was getting in.

Now screen wash is 50/50 mix of halfords -20 stuff. ☺