If it ain't broke ...............

Sanqhar

In previous posts I have mentioned that I put in a 1998 Passat under the Scrappage Scheme. Before taking it to the dealers I took out various things including the jack and wheel brace etc. Lucky I did as without the spare wheel option Skoda don't supply a jack.

Today I decided to see how I could get them in the polystyrene box in the boot floor. I was amazed when they fitted...perfectly.

It must be a good philosophy, design it right first time and then make a profit for years to come.

The jack, the wheel brace and the hook for removing the wheel trim are the same now as they were in 1998.

tom

In previous posts I have mentioned that I put in a 1998 Passat under the Scrappage Scheme. Before taking it to the dealers I took out various things including the jack and wheel brace etc. Lucky I did as without the spare wheel option Skoda don't supply a jack.

Today I decided to see how I could get them in the polystyrene box in the boot floor. I was amazed when they fitted...perfectly.

It must be a good philosophy, design it right first time and then make a profit for years to come.

The jack, the wheel brace and the hook for removing the wheel trim are the same now as they were in 1998.

tom

Result! B)

tom

Snap!

I just installed a spare wheel and the associated gear. I also found that the jack and the lugwrench fit in the lower plastic box with all the other paraphenalia. Everything fit and there is now some more cubbyholes for miscellany.

Others have taken plenty of Pics, so no need to duplicate. Just imagine Candy White instead of Postman Pete - here called Laus Post, but he rides a yellow bicycle.

Just about ready for the trek down Europe to sunny Costa del Sol in two weeks.