Panoramic Sunroof Pictures

aerofurb

The Plumber suggested re-posting the panoramic sunroof pictures from the original thread in case they're of use to people:

As a paid up member of the SMPSAS, here's some various pictures of said panoramic sunroof. In summary, no creaks or rattles (accept for a couple of minutes when covered in ice), no condensation, no leaks, self-closing blind (somehow!), loads of light - and if it's hot inside, open it up and let the heat out... emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Resized to 94% (was 640 x 480) - Click image to enlarge200912130001.jpg

Electric blind in place (translucent)

Resized to 94% (was 640 x 480) - Click image to enlarge201001240023.jpg

Sunroof closed and blind partially opened

Resized to 94% (was 640 x 480) - Click image to enlarge201001240022.jpg

Blind fully retracted

Resized to 94% (was 640 x 480) - Click image to enlarge201001240025.jpg

Resized to 94% (was 640 x 480) - Click image to enlarge201001240039.jpg

Resized to 94% (was 640 x 480) - Click image to enlarge201001240040.jpg

201001240042.jpg

Roof in ventialtion position

Resized to 94% (was 640 x 480) - Click image to enlarge201001240037.jpg

TP or mods - help! This was supposed to appear in the Tech Info thread - how do I move it?!

Edited by aerofurb

Nope, no cats eyes lights in the overhead console emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif Friend has them in his Scirocco - same console.

More sunroof pictures in the original thread here:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/149939-panoramic-roof/

White Yetis look even better in the fur than in pictures! emoticon-0144-nod.gif

[Did ask the mods to see if I could get this thread moved to a standaloan post in the 'technical' guide but to no avail.]

Nope, no cats eyes lights in the overhead console emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif Friend has them in his Scirocco - same console.

Shame - wonder if the wiring is there behind the scenes...!?

Video test of Yeit - brief shot of sunroof at 1:02

Edited by Gilesmengland

Looks great - cant wait to get mine (1/3/10 !).

One question - the console with the controller in for the sunroof - does it contain "cat eye" illumiation at night ?

Are you describing the two small overhead spot lights that illuminate the gear selector area?

Regards,

TP

Thanks,

seems strange you don't get these with the sunroof option. Have them on my SE: quite neat :) prefers the colour of those in the Yeti to the yellow/orange of the wife's Corsa which has a single spot lamp in the base of the rear view mirror.

Regards,

TP

Thanks,

seems strange you don't get these with the sunroof option. Have them on my SE: quite neat :) prefers the colour of those in the Yeti to the yellow/orange of the wife's Corsa which has a single spot lamp in the base of the rear view mirror.

Regards,

TP

Catseye illumination on the SE but not the Elegance?! :doh: I bet the wiring is the same and the lights can be swapped out?

Okay, that's got me confused too! I didn't realise non-sunroof versions have them. There are two 5mm diameter things in the console right in front of the switches, I just presumed it was the same unit as other VAG stuff but not ued in the Yeti. There are three more at the rear which I presume are the alarm sensors. I'll take a picture later.

Definitely not seen any light out of them. What colour are yours TP - green? Scirocco were red in line with the rest of the interior illumination (although strangely the footwell lighting was white).

Any other sunroof owners out there yet?

Unless all cateye is red, to minimise the disturbance to your vision at night ?

Reminds me of Ken Dodd - "Percy Shaw invented catseyes when driving home, when his headlight lit up the eyes of a cat coming towards him. If the cat had been going the other way, he'd have invented the pencil sharpner...."

Okay, that's got me confused too! I didn't realise non-sunroof versions have them. There are two 5mm diameter things in the console right in front of the switches, I just presumed it was the same unit as other VAG stuff but not ued in the Yeti. There are three more at the rear which I presume are the alarm sensors. I'll take a picture later.

Definitely not seen any light out of them. What colour are yours TP - green? Scirocco were red in line with the rest of the interior illumination (although strangely the footwell lighting was white).

Any other sunroof owners out there yet?

Hi aero,

my colour perception is not always the best but looks white to me with maybe a blueish tint. No foot-well lights on my SE though, so no comment there.

4327437335_e15386768b.jpg

Regards,

TP

I am assuming that you do not have the little switches to turn them on either Aerofurb?

Hi shrub,

no they come on with the sidelights/ dipped beam selection or auto lights and give a subdued lighting effect around the gear selector/handbrake.

Now for the crazy photo time, without flash in the dark :rofl:

4327952905_ea42de15ba_b.jpg

overhead lights

4327953147_1b03d6b9a7_b.jpg

subdued lighting reflecting of the chrome gear selector

4328686730_5fd0e4c778_b.jpg

subdued lighting reflecting of the wife's hand cream in the centre front drinks holder

Regards,

TP

I'll have a look inside the console when I get a minute - it's in the manual for acessing the sunroof mechanism when it needs to be shut during a power cut and see if I can see anything missing, not connected etc.

I WANT MORE LIGHTS!! emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

I'll have a look inside the console when I get a minute - it's in the manual for acessing the sunroof mechanism when it needs to be shut during a power cut and see if I can see anything missing, not connected etc.

I WANT MORE LIGHTS!! emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Is this done by the removal of the sunglasses holder?

On the SE it is just a blanking plate.

tom

Yup - access should be behind the sun glasses holder. Looking at TPs picture, I reckon the console is mounted further forward with the rather splendid panoramic sunroof and the cats eyes are almost right above the interior mirror so that may be why they are deactivated (ie not working!) on mine or ikons'. My picture below doesn't quite show how close they are.

201002050067.jpg

PS The blue stuff at the top left of the picture is blue sky. Seen through the rather splendid panoramic sunroof. Perhaps I don't need cats eyes after all - I'll just drive around on nights with a full moon....

Hi aero,

apologies :blush: there is a difference, as you point out your console is positioned further forward. This might account for why the spot lights are omitted from Monsters with the glass roof; possibly reflect on the rear mirror to much :wonder:

4334908278_0483433dbd_b.jpg

Regards,

TP

Hi,

Mine looks a bit different. With this console and sunroof the led spot's are enabled.

Looks like the spot's are a bit away from the mirror on this console. No alarm installed,

takkonsoll_1.JPGCIMG0333.JPG

seo

Edited by seo