What is a "Tunnel Light" ?

Anthony 1

What is a "Tunnel Light" ?. When looking at the Elegance, Standard Equipment over the SE along with Light Assistant, (Coming Home, Leaving Home, Tunnel Light, Day Light Running Lights).? I take it is not part of a "Near Death Experience" as suggested on a few hits on Goggle? :giggle:

What is a "Tunnel Light" ?. When looking at the Elegance, Standard Equipment over the SE along with Light Assistant, (Coming Home, Leaving Home, Tunnel Light, Day Light Running Lights).? I take it is not part of a "Near Death Experience" as suggested on a few hits on Goggle? :giggle:

I thought it was your lights switch on when entering a tunnel and switch off again on exit... On my current Octy I think its part of the Auto setting on the light switch.

Hi Anthony,

basically Auto lights i.e. when you enter a tunnel it gets darker so the light sensor turns the lights on. In some countries it's mandatory to be lit up while driving in tunnels. Also just happens to work at night as well :rofl:

Regards,

TP

Hi Anthony,

basically Auto lights i.e. when you enter a tunnel it gets darker so the light sensor turns the lights on. In some countries it's mandatory to be lit up while driving in tunnels. Also just happens to work at night as well :rofl:

Regards,

TP

You mean it might help my Tunnelvision? :rofl:

Thanks guys, automatic lights in another word. Not the world flashing before ones eyes prior to the major event then! :giggle: could have been an aid for tunnel vision thoughhttp://briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0140-rofl.gif :p . Why did they not just say automatic lights them? In GB some tunnels used to say no headlights.

I have auto lights on my VW. Each day going to work I go through a short underpass.

If the lights are set to auto then just as I leave the 'tunnel' the lights come on and stay on for a few seconds till the sensor realises its daylight and shuts them off.

Not a lot of use really, I tend not to have the light switch in the 'auto' setting.