Briskoda stand @ Spring Action Day 24/04/10 + exclusive track session!

devonutopia

Basically, the deal will be like this:

THIRTY cars will be allowed on track (strictly no more) for 15 minutes for the sum of £27 each. I am tagging on a £2 "service charge" for posting on your tickets & passes when they arrive (I wil be paying the £800 total cost myself.....) Sending by recorded delivery to avoid any chances of losing them. :D

(Youtube video of last year's session)

These THIRTY skodas will as part of that £29 also get reserved space for a clubstand display during the day, with the opportunity of watching other track sessions. There is also pro-drifting sessions on, if that's your thing. Usually good to watch the sklls shown.

The event is at Castle Combe circuit near Bristol/Bath, just off the M4.

For people wanting to just attend and show their cars for the day, it will be just £8 + the service charge of £2. For freedom members there is potential for free tickets! http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/152288-competition-for-free-tickets-to-castle-combe-240410/ for more info (Link will not work for non-freedom members :))

I for one will be doing the track session. I would encourage anyone wishing to sample track driving for the first time, to come and go on this session as it will be Briskoda only, so no risk of any muppets wiping you out on track (apart from me ;) only joking) HOWEVER, we DO need to fill all 30 spots to get the session. This year, I will also try and ensure everyone is ready early to get through scrutineering in good time..... :rofl::rofl: You will also need a trackday crash helmet which can be bought relatively cheap, or hired at the circuit on a first come first served basis. :)

If it turns out that we cannot fill the exclusive track session (sure hope not) the cost will go up to £30 per car.

PASSENGERS are allowed on track and will have to pay £5 and get a wristband. Over 16s only and will need a helmet. I might give someone the chance to passenger with me in the mongrel. ;)

For fabia 1 owners there is also the opportunity go get bonnet lifter kits, and I can fit them whilst there as well. B)

I will take payment by paypal gift much more preferably, or bank transfer. If you definitely want to attend, PM me the following

1) Full name + number of tickets needed (track includes 1 ticket)

2) Car model & colour

3) "Track" or "display only"

4) Full address

5) payment method wanted

DEADLINE for entries AND payment (unless by prior arrangement) is April 8th @ 10pm (i.e the thursday night!)

I ill keep the list updated as when I receive requests by PM. Thanks. B)B)

TRACK + DISPLAY

1) Devonutopia - FABIA 1 - PAID!

2) Jonny5ive + 1 ticket - FABIA 1 - PAID!

3) dvere +1 ticket - ROOMSTER - PAID!

4) Steevie Wonder + 1 ticket - OCTAVIA 1 - PAID!

5) Lex2311 - FABIA 1 - PAID!

6) Unit18 Ally - 200SX - PAID!

7) shreadings89 + 1 ticket - OCTAVIA 1 - PAID!

8) Polocoupe + 1 Ticket - OCTAVIA 2 - PAID!

9) VRS Goldie Jon + 1 ticket - FABIA 1 - PAID!

10) Favorit Ken - OCTY 1 - PAID!

11) Goldie Jon's mate - POLO GTI - PAID!

12) ColinD - Superb 4x4 - NOT PAID YET

13) Yashicamat - OCTY 1 - PAID!

14) Beryls Chief Pilot - OCTY 1 - PAID!

15) Soot1e + 2 tickets - FABIA 1 - PAID!

16) DAVEPOM - FABIA 1 - PAID!

17) Jaymd - Octy 1 - PAID!

18) Octavia vrs1984 - OCTY 1 - PAID!

19) chrisw_vrs +1 ticket - FABIA 1 - PAID!

20) banditbarron + 1 ticket - OCTY 1 - PAID!

21) Big Gray - FABIA 1 - PAID!

22) VAGOWNERS dave_ph - AUDI S3 - CASH ON DAY

23) VAGOWNERS trucido - VW LUPO - CASH ON DAY

24) Furry - OCTY 1 (on another stand though) NOT PAID YET

25) OctaviavRS1984 +1 - LEON CUPRA - PAID!

26) CaptainSisko +1 - ALFA - PAID!

27) Octavia5 - OCTY 2

28) Cawmere - OCTY 1 - PAID!

29)

30)

DISPLAY ONLY

1) Hedge - GOLF E30 - PAID - FREE TICKET CONGRATS!

2) parker_fabia - FABIA 1 - FREE TICKET CONGRATS!

3) biggie - FABIA 1 - NOT PAID YET

4) ChickenEyebrow - OCTY 1 - FREEEDOM COMP

5) Ant. - OCTY 1 - FREE TICKET CONGRATS!

6) richardjh - OCTY 2 - FREE TICKET CONGRATS!

7) gmaster - OCTY 1 - PAID

8) NFox - FABIA 1 - FREE TICKET CONGRATS!

9) pelletwaggler, aka red devil - OCTY 1 - NOT PAID YET

10) dfullb - FABIA VRS ESTATE! - FREE TICKET CONGRATS!

11) octygone - OCTY 2 - PAID - FREE TICKET CONGRATS!

12) Mrs Jonny5ive - ROOMSTER - FREE TICKET CONGRATS!

13) Lloyd55vRS - OCTY 1 - CASH ON THE DAY!

14) Tigger1979 - FABIA 1 - FREE TICKET CONGRATS!

15) Paige - FELICIA- PAYING CASH ON DAY

16) Chris Ellis - Banana OCTY 2

17) wid cg vrs - OCTY 2

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be up for Combe again - lets hope we actually get 15 mins not 8 this year!

And with brake pads thicker than 2mm I should be able to make all my laps flying ones this time around!

1) Devonutopia - TRACK!

2) Jonny5ive - TRACK! + 1 extra pass

3) PastyBoy - TRACK! (possibly minus my entry pass as I have a Combe season ticket which will get me in)

That's cool - Can you PM me the requisite information please? ;)

As for the pass thing, you get an entry ticket with the tracktime, so probably the best thing for you to do is come to an arrangement with someone doing "stand only", so you essentially get the tracktime for £27 less £8. :)

Scratch that as i believe I'll probably be attending Rockingham with the BTCC :thumbdown:

you might also want to edit your orignal post as it read "£25 + £2 admin fee" and then "included in this £26..."

is it £27 or £26?

Edited by PastyBoy

Yay!

TRACK

1) Devonutopia

2) Jonny5ive + 1 pass

3) dvere +1 pass

DISPLAY

1) Hedge - Display only.

I would say PM me your details, but I will just copy/paste the info from last year! ;) Haven't moved have we? :D

TRACK

1) Devonutopia

2) Jonny5ive + 1 pass

3) dvere +1 pass

4) ThePelletWaggler

DISPLAY

1) Hedge - Display only.

Another one who's not PM'd me, but have copy/pasted from last year. Has one moved from Lordswood, Sire? ;)

Hi guys,pretty new to this site and to skodas but i've done the castle combe action days for the last 4/5 years in my previous cars.

Bought my fabia vrs in july and promised the wife i wouldnt track it (Trying to be all grown up and responsible!)

However,went to the summer action day in september (just watching) and it did my head in,I need to do another trackday.

So work permitting i'll defo be there,will add my name/pay when i know i'm off work.

cheers :thumbup:

From Davepom, "Bought my fabia vrs in july and promised the wife i wouldnt track it " Is your mid life crisis kicking in?

Jason. Put me down for the day as well.

From Davepom, "Bought my fabia vrs in july and promised the wife i wouldnt track it " Is your mid life crisis kicking in?

Jason. Put me down for the day as well.

Not quite,just trying to be sensible for a change!

The car we were using was a pug 306 gti,nice quick car but was only worth £1500 tops.

Wouldn't have been the end of the world if it got destroyed.The vrs on the other hand cost me £7.5k,and it aint paid for yet!

May look at insuring it and try to show some restraint lol. :D

To be honest, it is safer on a skoda only track session, with everyone in the same mindset, than driving spiritedly down your average country lane. :) Even if you went off the tarmac at Combe, the majority of the time you will have loads of grass run-off. This is my opinion anyway

This isn't about leathering your car round (I might though....) it's just about breaking the track cherry for those who've never done it before, in a safe environment with other club members and no risk of chavs upsetting the apple cart (The potential with going on with other unknowns)

Well I see I don't need to edit the list myself then. :D Correct now as above

Although when I put +1 pass - That meant plus one extra ticket, not for a passenger to go around the circuit in the passenger seat. I am not sure what Combe's rules are about passengers during the sessions - I think they need to pay extra on the day and do the briefing, as well as having to have a helmet etc