HFS What are they Doing,

I am in A n A in Cardiff for the CV joint doing and that seemed ok, I am hoping he isnt doing the Brake fluid now as there is someone in the car pressin the brake and another under the car with a bin under the wheels messin around at the front

What should it be like when changing the fluid?

I am bit concerned as if they are doing the fluid, how long will it be before I can tell if they have ****ed the MS? I am hoping they are just checking something after doing the CV joint but why would they be pumping the brakes?

OMFG I AM ****TIN IT?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea why they'd be touching the brake fluid to do a CV joint. Maybe they damaged a hose in the process or something and have swapped it for you?

What is an MS? And HFS?

lol you not helpin.

How the hell does doing it that way do the clutch too?

I thought it was ment to be done all in a oner with a pressure bleeder?

Can be done just fine by pressing the clutch pedal too, although a pressure bleeder makes light work of it. :)

Billy, I have a feeling the clutch and brake master cylinder are connected in some way..... I have something niggling in the back of my head telling me that....

Personally I would ask them, never be affraid to question what they're doing, especially when it's with your brakes, those are the one things that will save your life mate!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

I don't know how to bleed an Octy, but I do know that you either use a pressure bleeder, or that the order is "not standard" if you don't use one. Which is no actual help, but makes it sound like they might be doing it right, because they're not going LHR, RHR, LHF, RHF!

Right I am home now lol,

This is how they did it:

Passengers front: pump pedal, then hold it, he opened bleed nipple and some spurted out then he closed it, and repeated this about 3 else 4 times. then went to the Front Drivers and did the same, then rear drivers and rear passengers.

It then went out and he tested it and it got Geo'd

I then took the car, they said no hard brakeing for a bit lol.

I started off home and got to the bend at the end of the road and OMFG No hard breaking lol that would be impossible as the pedal needed to go right down to slow. no feel there at all so I went back and he re bled them a bit more and found no air in them. I took it again an it was a bit better but for the first " on the pedal before was nice and firm and slowed me down, now there is nothing and its still not right right but ok till I get more fluid.

They said to see how it is for a few days and them bring it back in and they will try again, They dont have a proper bleeder and I get the feeling that they didnt do the clutch neither. Now what do I do now? do I get more fluid and go back or just go to someone who has the bleeder to do it all easily?

I am beginning to wish I hadnt bothered and just left the original stuff in there. but it is 5 years old now as there is no paperwork anywhere to say its been changed and I have every bit of paper ever for the car, even tools Ive got for it lol.

cheers

billy

Ste

iirc the brakes and clutch are the same system and use the same tank, the clutch feels fine thats what makes me think they didnt do it lol.

I don't know how to bleed an Octy, but I do know that you either use a pressure bleeder, or that the order is "not standard" if you don't use one. Which is no actual help, but makes it sound like they might be doing it right, because they're not going LHR, RHR, LHF, RHF!

This is the correct order they should have been bleed otherwise the air just gets moved around.Also they should have bleed the clutch.

Brakes don't get better in a few days if only the fluid has been changed.

If they aren't right now they never will be.

Edited by jaymd

thats the thing tho they seem good at some stuff but I dont think they have a clue about bleeding the clutch and brakes on the MK4 platform

I am a bit worried about takin it back there now just in case they bugger it right up, plus they have used nearly 1l of my 5.1 stuff and not even done the clutch.

Right so If they are bleeding it by hand they need to do

passengers side rear

Drivers Rear

Passengers Front

Drivers Front

in that order!?

or get it all done in a oner with the pressure bleeder.

also how can they do the clutch in that sequence?

cheers

billy

This is the correct order they should have been bleed otherwise the air just gets moved around.Also they should have bleed the clutch.

Brakes don't get better in a few days if only the fluid has been changed.

If they aren't right now they never will be.

yea you just get used to the feel lol

I can say that they are **** and something I would expect on an old shi77y car with old pads on.

i would take it back mate they shouldn't let it out the shop unless its 100%. get them to bleed the MC via the 7mm bleed screws in it (hard to see sometimes so they prob not done that.

should I just F*** the Dot 5.1 off and get them to use there stuff? and get it right? or get some more and wait till it arrives as Ive been in to the reception to say ill be comming back when I get more fluid?

Billy an I missing something, were you actually expecting them or asked them to do the Brake fluid change. I am hoping you did but i missed that bit somewhere, as if not I would of walked straight up to them and asked WFT they are doing.

Anyways if should not be difficult to do that, and I would not get the car back until they do it right. I would forget the amount of fluid you have left and make them use the fluid they have if you don't have enough, as it should not have taken that long or with those problems to expect a fluid change.

Mark.