Sedbergh Meet

chrisw880

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JimH - hope I didn't hold you up too much on the 684 from Sedbergh to Bedale, it's nice without traffic

You didn't slow me down, the way you were driving I'm surprised you're nicknamed "Captain Slow" ;)

Thank you Smog M for organising us NE Members, I'll have to visit that Farm again if I'm passing it. It's a shame about the confusion in Hawes, I planned and drove to the Viaduct with the others. I'll see you all at the next NE Meet.

The pics I took are probably not as good as the ones posted on here, although I haven't looked at them yet.

yeah jim keep an eye out for the next meet , me and smog monster going to try organise a drive over moors roads sutton bank stop off at blakey ridge pub see my link above has a massive car park good views and some nice roads to drive on we will post details soon. :yes:

I've remembered the name of the Harry Potter viaduct

It's Glenfinnan between Fort William and Mallaig.

IIRC it was built by Sir Robert MacAlpine and was at the time the largest Concrete structure.

Ribblehead is made of stone, Britain's longest brick viaduct is at Harringworth near Corby

(See all those years of train spotting have paid off)

The only Pics I will add that are slightly different to the rest are.

The North Easterners minus Tony and Astra mate who arrived just after I'd taken the photo.

9k6laa.jpg

At Sedbergh Car Park

2vnhncm.jpg

Would you swap your Skoda for one of these?

xogys0.jpg

And Finally a Damp and very wet Ribblehead Viaduct.

10nszfc.jpg

My Photos at the Lay-Bay and at Tan Hill look just the same as the posted ones, so I won't repeat them.

Edited by Jim H

So who is going to judge of who has the best picture(s). :notme::giggle:

Great Pics everyone. :thumbup:

Edited by Jim H

I'm glad someone managed a picture of your taxi Martin, held us up for long enough...... :rofl:

at one point a few of us dropped back massively to have some fun :rofl::giggle: blooming laguna estates!

I did almost die overtaking a yaris up alston haha

Edited by vrstony

I noticed you were going slowly over the Buttertubs road when I was following you. I then noticed the drop and the thin wire fence and thought it was a wise decision, especially on a wet road. If you were not careful it may have been a fresh air corner.

Glad to see you all had a great day out. I was gutted I had to miss this as we had already tied up to do the Trough of Borland run with northern mini. We had a great day also but we looked a bit out of place in my Fiesta Van. The wife would not let me and the lad Andy have her mini, she loves it too much for me to flog it. The MG is still up in Scotland all mechanical work complete but the map module was faulty so no V8 burble till this weekend fingers crossed.

I will hold on to the mini route if anyone would like a nice pre-planned route for future runs.

Steve.