Short roof aerial

geordiebroon

Has anyone fitted an alternative shorter aerial to their Yeti. I cannot find earlier postings on choices available and it would be nice to buy one that works.:)

Just measured up and the standard aerial will flex down on entry to garage but reversing out will bend it a lot!!

Cheers GB

I'm also interested in geting one (won't be able to load my kayak on the roof with the standard one). Perhaps one of them could be compatible? At least this one states its skoda compatible.

Edited by dhuerva
  • Like 1

There is an alternative aerial for several Skoda models including the Yeti on this site. My link

This (OEM?) aerial rod is 20cm long and comes with 5mm and 6mm screw fittings.

Also shows the dual chrome exhaust trim for the CR 2.0L 110 and 140 plus 1.2L tsi engines.

I do not think these parts are available through UK Skoda retailers .

Aerial is Skoda part No. 00755103720.

Exhaust Trim is Skoda part No. 5L0071910.

Thanks guys. Head now cleared. Will let you know how I get on:)

A duck chewed off my Bora aerial as well as doing the other usual things ducks do.

A Halfords compatible replacement worked fine apart from the fact that it made a really intrusive whistling noise above 70. The aerial itself was smooth rather than the OE which was ribbed. So unusually for me I am a little cautions:rofl:

Edited by geordiebroon

Why did they not produce a sharks fin aerial? That would have made more sense especially as the car has roof rails and so is designed for carrying items.

Maybe something like this would do the trick?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGEN-PASSAT-PHAETON-POLO-TIGUAN-Shark-Fin-Aerial_W0QQitemZ300388441284QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45f08bdcc4

I guess VAG all use similar fittings?

Any idea where I could get VAG OEM parts cheaper than the dealer?

The aerial getting caught up with the garage door is something I hadn't considered until I read this thread.

After a couple of Google search I found these and it got me thinking.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3508

http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/catalog/product_detail.php?default_product=854

Is it likely to fit the Yeti?

Any idea where I could get VAG OEM parts cheaper than the dealer?

The aerial getting caught up with the garage door is something I hadn't considered until I read this thread.

After a couple of Google search I found these and it got me thinking.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3508

http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/catalog/product_detail.php?default_product=854

Is it likely to fit the Yeti?

Sod that, I think I will make do with the original!!!!

Have just ordered a 6.5cm stubby aerial that fits Yeti - simply unscrew original and screw in new. Cost £8.99 inc postage. Reception is good say reviewers but they do two longer lengths which presumably give better reception.

Will try it in our Fabia and give it a test run and report back.

Sharkfin aerials with amplifier are available for around the same amount but need to be connected by removal of the edge of the roof lining.

Hi All,

With out fear of looking silly. Does the mobile phone use the same aerial as the radio and if its shorter will it affect telecoms?

Thanks in advance,

Ray

Edited by Ray_Green

End of a bright idea

Stubby aerial has arrived and looks great quality!!

However can't get Fabia aerial off. It is OEM original 2005 which screws out to allow tilting but not to come out.emoticon-0106-crying.gif Or so it seems.

Still its only 3 weeks to collection of Yeti :yes:

End of a bright idea

Stubby aerial has arrived and looks great quality!!

However can't get Fabia aerial off. It is OEM original 2005 which screws out to allow tilting but not to come out.emoticon-0106-crying.gif Or so it seems.

Still its only 3 weeks to collection of Yeti :yes:

Found solution on Octy Forum - Unscrew as I did then PULL hard. But not too hard!!

Will wait till Yeti arrives :) GB

How tall is the Yeti + original aerial? Useful to know in case I have to go under those yellow height restriction bars at the entrance to car parks. My friend is too high in her discovery to park it in one of the car parks in town.

Hi,

Snow-Monster dimensions here My link, with a roof aerial I would think you would need to add 40 -50 cm.

Regards,

TP

Has anyone fitted an alternative shorter aerial to their Yeti. I cannot find earlier postings on choices available and it would be nice to buy one that works.:)

Just measured up and the standard aerial will flex down on entry to garage but reversing out will bend it a lot!!

Cheers GB

Got my replacement Fabia short aerial off Ebay. For the same reason as you - caught on garage door.

Works fine.

This looks similar.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skoda-Fabia-Octavia-Black-Beesting-Short-Aerial-Mast_W0QQitemZ360233310109QQcategoryZ36676QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7867147137136100595

We fitted a Honda S2000 aerial which works fine, is flexible and is significantly shorter than the original, which we had no trouble removing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-S2000-Aerial-Antenna-Mast-Antenne_W0QQitemZ400077440673QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5d267946a1

705793227_Z5N49-M.jpg

705793008_fuZK8-M.jpg

Edited by mbrock

I suspect that the Yeti uses a Hella base for it's aerial, which is used by all the VAG range, plus Vauxhall/Opel, and some other makers, but NOT Ford.

In that case it might be worth looking at other cars and seeing what is suitable. I know that on my Freelander I was using a short Vauxhall one until some scrote nicked it. I've now had to go back to the huge LR one.

Hi All,

With out fear of looking silly. Does the mobile phone use the same aerial as the radio and if its shorter will it affect telecoms?

Thanks in advance,

Ray

Anyone?

Edited by Ray_Green

No, the mobile phone does not use the same aerial.

If you are thinking of "Bluetooth" that uses a small internal aerial between the "Bluetooth" unit and the mobile phone. It is nothing at all to do with the audio system reception.

No, the mobile phone does not use the same aerial.

If you are thinking of "Bluetooth" that uses a small internal aerial between the "Bluetooth" unit and the mobile phone. It is nothing at all to do with the audio system reception.

Thank you.. :)

I do not know specifically about Blue tooth technology Ray, Ido know that some of these add on digital radio boxes often use redundant stations on the car radio and use low power transmissions on the same frequencies via the radio reception antenna. I might have thought that blue tooth uses different frequencies however.