interoir lights

sike1963

as per normal there not working have checked wires passenger side front under trim they look ok so going to look at the black box in the foot well not sure what im going to find or what to look for to be honest can anyone help what do i look for { all the carpets are dry) anyone got pics

Edited by sike1963

hi

just been through this process; wires ok in the front passenger under carpet loom; ccm module ok. traced the fault to corroded wires under the rear passenger carpet. You need to unwrap the loom and look for three nodes where multiple wires of same colour; red/black, blue/grey and yellow/ green (I think!) are clamped together with a copper collar and sheathed in a rubber cap. There are 11 reb/black wires; 5 blue/grey and 3 yellow/green. The wire had become detached and corroded so I stripped them back to clean wire and reconnected with in their groups, taped them and hey presto!

Take the time to dry out the carpet - it will be saturated underneath. The root cause for all this trouble are the stupid drain bungs under the battery!

Good luck

as per normal there not working have checked wires passenger side front under trim they look ok so going to look at the black box in the foot well not sure what im going to find or what to look for to be honest can anyone help what do i look for { all the carpets are dry) anyone got pics

Might be worth a read of this:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/152490-water-ingress-problemsolved/

• 1 year later...