SUNGLASS HOLDER

mrgf

Does anyone here know if the sunglass holder, as fitted to the Fabia 3 is available to buy and if it will replace/fit in any new Fabia?

I have a new Greenline and would like to remove the blank roof pnel and fit the sunglass holder so I can easily reach the glasses from either the drivers or the passenger side of the car as I am a driving instructor and use both sides a lot. I didn't want to leave them in the centre console as I use a lot of space for my odments. Many thanks,

Does anyone here know if the sunglass holder, as fitted to the Fabia 3 is available to buy and if it will replace/fit in any new Fabia?

I believe it's in the accessory catalogue for the Fabia so should be available from any dealer.

Pete

Had to larf!

Skoda say you need 5 parts to have the glasses holder.. Cost £30.80..... Not too bad considering but wait for it, An additional £50 to fit!!!!!!!!!

It only takes minuets! the old panel takes a few seconds to remove, the 5 parts must be quite easy to assemble, and then a few seconds to re-install!!

I recon Lawyers would be jelous of the labour charges!! :giggle:

BTW, The dealer quoted me the fitted price at first,, gave a pregnant pause when I asked for the supply only price as if I was trying to take the bread from his family's table, then gave me the price, saying it was difficult to supply the part number as it was 5 parts. :o

• 2 months later...

Well, at last, I hve sorted myself out a sunglasses holder!

In between, I contacted Skoda U.K. Who informed me that the Fabia 3 has a different rooflining so retro-fitting the holder would not be at all possible....

That turned out to be a lt of cattle-doings!!!

The guy who quoted me over £80 fitted, £30 odd loose, has "Left" the dealers (No idea why, let you all speculate)! So I had to get the part checked with another, severely overworked guy, who was doing his and the other guys workload.... Eventually, he ordered it and said it was a complete kit, not in parts, he got it for me the following day and I fitted it in all of 30 seconds!!! Remember, that 30 seconds "Saved" me around £50 but that's not all... The part had a list price of just under 16 quid, including the VAT!!!

In all, I saved over £60 by not ordering straight away from Mr. Fiddler! B)

Now I have a nice pop -down sunglasses holder instead of a plain blanking panel. I asked why, for such a small amount, they don't fit it as standard, rather then make two panels, the guy said that it was deemed a "Luxury item" increasing the Fabia 3's desirability!

Same thing with the door protectors, I recon as they are really cheap when you find the price but are made to sound desirable on some models, with very small cost to the manufacturer.

They may even MAKE money, as people may want to improve thier model's spec, like I did!!!

Edited by mrgf

Well done on the saving!

Any chance you could post the part numbers on here?

I am trading down from a Fabia 3 to a new shape SE and am not looking forward to no glasses holder.

Edited by Black

Just read that others want one so I will get the part number listed in a day or two. thanks for the interest, I see I am not the only one who wants this item, scesh as the price is quite low!

Thanks for this, I want a glasses holder too so look forward to your reply.

How do we remove the blanking panel?

The blanking panel just prises out. Get your fingernails under the edge where the 3 sets of vents are, and GENTLY prise it down. Then you can just pull it forward and out. Fitting the sunglass holder is just the reverse... It looks a little different, fitwise, where the retaining lugs are but fits correctly regardless. The difference is to allow for the mechanism, etc.

Here is the magic number...1z0868565fy20. The retail price is £13.47 plus vat, total £15.83

It still has the little vents, too so looks nice with the bonus of opening with a press to the centre.

The blanking panel just prises out. Get your fingernails under the edge where the 3 sets of vents are, and GENTLY prise it down. Then you can just pull it forward and out. Fitting the sunglass holder is just the reverse... It looks a little different, fitwise, where the retaining lugs are but fits correctly regardless. The difference is to allow for the mechanism, etc.

Here is the magic number...1z0868565fy20. The retail price is £13.47 plus vat, total £15.83

It still has the little vents, too so looks nice with the bonus of opening with a press to the centre.

do you mean push it forward towards the windscreen or pull it back.

do you mean push it forward towards the windscreen or pull it back.

pull it down, from the edge nearest YOU,where the 3 vents are, then just pull it out, towards yourself.

Edited by mrgf

Mine has alarm sensor block located behind the vent holes.

how big is the block? As the sunglass holder comes from the Fabia 3 and they MUST have the alarm option (Or even fitted as standard), it may still fit. My guess is they allowed for it, that may even be why they have the "Vents" as I was figuring that, as air goes up the windscreen, there is a slim gap where the rooflining meets the window, perhaps to stop the liner getting damp and then rotting. The air then would vent the rooflining, again helping prevent damp, and also exit via the 3 vents, adding warm or cool air at above head level for better effectivness.

Do you know anyone who lives local who would let you try out a sunglass holder, or perhaps let you buy and try, and if no good, buy it back off you, perhaps with you footing the cost of postage, if need be. I am sure someone wont mind waiting an additional week to have one.

I would have been more than happy letting you try mine but I live in the big smoke, so not practical... Sorry! :|

The sunglasses holder will fit with the alarm, the level 2 has a little black block for the alarm where the vents are asume its same as level 3, think it just unclips and clips onto the glasses holder had one fitted a while ago when it was in for a service but couldn't find part number to post up. Think the glasses holder part is actually an Octavia number. Only thing is I often hear a rattle which drives me mad and turns out to be the glasses in the holder :wonder: lol.

Any chance of some pictures, please?

Will try, not very good at that type of thing, though!

It looks very similar to standard, when shut, with just a slightly noticable panel where it is a seperate piece of plastic where the "door" is. It hangs just a few mm lower, to enable it to be pressed up for opening/closing. When open, it has a frame to hold the glasses, with a neoprene surface to prevent scratches if they are loose but I can get the sunglass case in there too, it just makes a little more pressure on the latching mechanism. This MAY be why I haven't had the rattling mentioned by the other member. I may try the glasses loose, just as an experiment but that defeates the objective as I will need a place for the holder, then! :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

Any new takers to the sunglass holder? What did you think, was it worth the difference for the money?

Personally, I am totally satisfied as I use all the spaces available, but others may just wanna use the standard cubbyholes. I also think it keeps valuable glasses out of sight of would be tea-leaves who would like to relieve you of your designer shades! B)

Any new takers to the sunglass holder? What did you think, was it worth the difference for the money?

Personally, I am totally satisfied as I use all the spaces available, but others may just wanna use the standard cubbyholes. I also think it keeps valuable glasses out of sight of would be tea-leaves who would like to relieve you of your designer shades! B)

i'm going to go to the dealers and order one, need to save up first

• 3 weeks later...

I rang the dealers to order one, i gave them the part no and they said they would have to check the price and if they could order one. They said they would call back, it's been a week and still no call back, poor service. i wonder if i'll be able to get one.

edit: Might give it a few more days and if still no call back I'll go to the dealers as per original intention

Edited by fabia55

I rang the dealers to order one, i gave them the part no and they said they would have to check the price and if they could order one. They said they would call back, it's been a week and still no call back, poor service. i wonder if i'll be able to get one.

edit: Might give it a few more days and if still no call back I'll go to the dealers as per original intention

Tell them they are orderable as I have done so! Don't let them fob you off. They should cost just under the 16 quid mark unless the prices have gone up, even then, under a score!

still no call from the dealers. I am going to have to go into the dealers myself

Ignorant twits! They don't really deserve our custom!

Let us know what happens next and how long the part takes from ordering to arriving.... Mine took a day! (After a similar no call, turn up and grumble/order direct scenario)!