MFD3 Update

Is there an update for the mfd3 so that you can put a full post code in, I have tried to do this on mine but I can only manage to put in the first 2 letters and one number, I need to be able to put the 6 digit one in IE TS12LS

Edited by skippy41

As above. It's a licensing thing. Just put the road name in instead.

Of course this assumes its got the road in the database. I can tell you that Western Road in H.Heath has been there for more years than I've been alive yet it can't be found using a Skoda Sat Nag!

.....still miss my TomTom!

I can tell you that Western Road in H.Heath has been there for more years than I've been alive yet it can't be found using a Skoda Sat Nag!

Or Audi, VW, Seat, BMW or any other system based on navteq maps as they all use the same map files. Tomtom uses Teleatlas, and that also has problems in other areas, like phantom roundabouts.

The MFD3 will find majority of roads it often won't because people will put the wrong search area in. For Example if i search for my road where i live in Cheriton it doesn't come up. However if i search for my Road in Folkestone it comes up straight away.

If you are searching for example TS1 2LS you will be able to enter TS1 and then get a menu list showing (as an example)

TS1 1

TS1 2

TS1 3

Etc Etc. You then press TS1 2 and then enter the road name etc.

Although it doesn't have 7 digit search (and it would be nice if they did) i haven't ever had a problem (and sometimes i have to find obscure places)

Carl :thumbup:

With a TomTom you just type it in, and it only costs £160. Bargain

Fully integrated sat nav, SD card slot, DVD player, 20Gb hard drive, MDI lead flexibility for ipod/USB hard drive, 7" touch screen - bargain :p

So until navtech do it we are all fecked, would it be worth asking skoda if they could contact them and ask for it to be done, along with the speed cameras

Unless there is a skoda member that can add the full post codes to a disc somehow

Edited by skippy41

My free Nokia phone (company paid E75) has GPS and free worldwide mapping, does full postcodes. Nokia Maps is Navteq based . . . so my guess is there will be an update in a future map version.

I saw somewhere that version 6 maps on the RNS does include full postcode and speed cameras?

So until navtech do it we are all fecked, would it be worth asking skoda if they could contact them and ask for it to be done, along with the speed cameras

Unless there is a skoda member that can add the full post codes to a disc somehow

The speed cameras can be done, but you need to burn a new DVD every time you want to update it (I remember seeing this on the forums sometime in the past, there may even be instructions on http://www.pocketgpsworld.com ) although I don't think you get a warning, just the icon on the screen...

I saw somewhere that version 6 maps on the RNS does include full postcode and speed cameras?

I think that must have been in your dreams ! :S

I think the main issue is that German postcodes are 5 digit so it works perfectly there for all VAG vehicles. There is little chance of any update IMO. Even top of the line A8's and the like only support 5 digit postcodes. No way will Skoda support them before Audi do.

Unless we bombard navtech asking for a Uk map with them included

anyone got there email???

Navteq maps have this ability already, it's up to the manufacturer of the Sat Nav device to license the postcode part.

My Garmin uses Navteq and has full UK postcodes

My Navigon app on the iPhone uses Navteq and has full UK postcodes....

No use contacting Navteq, you need to contact VAG...

It's amazing what people find annoying.

The saying is definately true. Find an Englishman who isn't moaning and there is something seriously wrong :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's not as if you can't get to where you are going. I Find it more entertaining and a bit of a challenge to actually locate where i am going.

Means i have to think how i'm going to get the MFD3 to locate it in it's memory in the first place.

But each to their own i suppose.

If you want to Add Speed Cameras etc then as has been mentioned you can. But you only get an icon on the screen no warning sound and you have to burn a disc every time it is updated. Bit expensive in the long run.

However i do have the perfect solution to locating speed cameras.

It's a wonderful invention and has been with us for thousands of years.

It's called the Mark 1 Eyeball.

Come on Folks wherever there is a Camera there are warning signs, List on the internet and they paint the Damn things Illuminous Yellow.

Why do you need something to tell you what you can already see :dull: :dull: :dull:

The other solution is Don't ****ing speed in the first place and you then can't go wrong :dull: :dull: :dull:

However i do have the perfect solution to locating speed cameras.

It's a wonderful invention and has been with us for thousands of years.

It's called the Mark 1 Eyeball.

Come on Folks wherever there is a Camera there are warning signs, List on the internet and they paint the Damn things Illuminous Yellow.

Why do you need something to tell you what you can already see :dull: :dull: :dull:

The other solution is Don't ****ing speed in the first place and you then can't go wrong :dull: :dull: :dull:

OMG - that sounds so much like me :thumbup:

Hi, I emailed Skoda about this and they wrote back saying, and I quote, " I can confirm as this stage that the unit will only accept the 5 digit European system it currently has and it is not possible to change it to accept the 7 digit alphabetical / numeric post code of the type found in the UK."

Edited by countryboy

Don't worry normal service will resume Forthwith :giggle: :giggle:

Shame - that other post seemed quite intelligent :rofl:

Grabs tin helmet, flak jacket and hides in a bunker with a changed identity and plastic surgery :o

Thank you for contacting Navteq.

Our map information does include the full postal code data. However it is depending on the navigation system software whether or not you may input a postal code whether it be full or partial. NAVTEQ is the database supplier for many navigations systems however not for the software on the navigation system. Simply upgrading the map data will unfortunately not allow you to input a destination via 7 digit postcodes if you were not previously able to do so. Please note that each automobile manufacturer has made choices on the functionality that they wish the navigation system to support. For more information please contact your navigation system manufacturer or car dealer directly.

In regards to the speed camera information, at this moment, NAVTEQ has developed NAVTEQ Camera Alert, a feature enabling NAVTEQ partners to develop applications that alert the driver to the location of cameras along their route. Camera Alert enables geo-referencing of a variety of camera location categories, and is updated and released on a monthly cycle to support its dynamic properties.

NAVTEQ Camera Alert is not yet available to end users but to business partners who are working to integrate the feature into their consumer and business applications.

With kind regards,

NAVTEQ Customer Service Centre

PO Box 501

7300 AM APELDOORN

THE NETHERLANDS

International Toll Free Number: 00800 18 23 53 22

Local Toll Free Number United Kingdom: 08081 013885

Local Toll Free Number Germany: 0800 181 6065

Local Toll Free Number France: 0800 914 478

Local Toll Free Number Italy: 800 781 145

Telephone Number: +31 555 384 245

Fax Number: +31 555 433 947

Can a comment field be imported so I can use my own safety camera database ?

Email ID

Dear,

At this moment, it is not possible to import your own safety camera database.

With kind regards,

NAVTEQ Customer Service Centre