Forecast delivery dates vs. actual from recent orders

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think build week and delivery dates are completly random, now 21 weeks form date of order (Saturday 5th June), car was built in week 40 and has been stuck at a holding point in Germany for the past 14 days, apparently it can only be held for 15 days so should be on the move again soon. So car should be here next week despite Skoda UK confirming they would like to see the car registered by the end of the month which isn't going to happen.

Elegance Combi 2.0 140 CR in Storm Blue with rear side airbags and full size spare. The dealer fit options are the mud flaps, two bar, floor mats and dog guard so nothing outragous that I can see that has created such a delay.

Skoda UK have confirmed that I am entitled to their good will gesture wich I can choose one of the following:

£150 Marks and Spenser Vouchers

OR

£150 towards servicinf

OR

£150 of Skoda accessories or merchandise

The person I spoke to at Skoda UK was quite rude wanting to know why I wanted to know about the good will gesture and was I sure that I had waited over 18 weeks but they have given absolutly no explanation for the delay except that I should have been aware that there was a high demand. That is true, I was aware of a high demand and told to expect approximatly 16 weeks for the car.

OK rant over, I am sure I will be a whole load better once I have the car in my hands, just need to be patient a while longer and keep the miles down on the car to be exchanged which is n ow well overdue for a service and cambelt change.

Looks like I wont be able to puck the car up until mid-november which would be exactly 23 weeks for my car, could be worse, back in August we were told to expect a delivery at start of December which would have meant a full 6 month wait.

Anyone else had to wait over 20 weeks or am I going for the record of ther longest wait for Superb?

The person I spoke to at Skoda UK was quite rude wanting to know why I wanted to know about the good will gesture and was I sure that I had waited over 18 weeks but they have given absolutly no explanation for the delay except that I should have been aware that there was a high demand. That is true, I was aware of a high demand and told to expect approximatly 16 weeks for the car.

Your dealer should have been able to sort this out for you. Even though technically I don't qualify (yet) Rainworth Skoda have already confirmed the compensation and have a list of dealer supply accessories from me (our guy that looks after our car fleet doesn't know yet :smirk:).

Anyone else had to wait over 20 weeks or am I going for the record of ther longest wait for Superb?

Gizmo 68 and I are not far behind (18 weeks) but if you look around on here there are people that have had some quite long waits.

Best regards

David

Edited by cookdn

Build week 41 but ordered wk 21 with delivery HOPEFULLY week 45

Dealer says I can have the vouchers or a hire car whilst waiting as goodwill gesture and not accessories.....:(

24 wks to build and ship a car - OUCH!

Dealer says I can have the vouchers or a hire car whilst waiting as goodwill gesture and not accessories.....:(

Hmm, doesn't sound right. Pure speculation ... maybe the dealer has to supply accessories at cost but makes margin from the service? Alternatively they see the service vouchers as a way of retaining your after-sales business? I guess SUK would have to pay the dealer to supply a loan car if you opted for that.

Best regards

David

Edited by cookdn

I was at the dealers yesterday (post yesterday was about an hour after I left the dealer) and while he was on the phone to Skoda UK trying to get more information he just said to the person " Look, I am going to hand you over to the customer, perhaps you'll tell him more?"

They never did, but I said the delaers (especially mine) are doing their best to give customer satisfaction and that in the interest of improved customer service they should consider offering some form of explanation as to how build weeks are allocated and why a particular order may be delayed.

My delaer will only do the vouchers because if they do the accessories, they have to wait at least three months before Skoda UK reimburse them.

To me, it would appear the weak link is Skoda UK themselves rather than the dealer network that supports them.

My delaer will only do the vouchers because if they do the accessories, they have to wait at least three months before Skoda UK reimburse them.

Well that explains the apparent discrepancy between what people are being told by different Skoda dealers.

I can understand the dealer's reluctance to offer something which they know is going to negatively impact cashflow. However IMHO these are the sort of administrative inefficiencies internal to the relationship between SUK and their dealer network which the customer should really be shielded from. A customer being told that they cannot have a form of compensation that they would otherwise be entitled to, on top of the long lead-times they are already being compensated for, isn't likely to leave the customer feeling that they got best possible service. I know that is how I would feel.

Best regards

David

I was at the dealers yesterday (post yesterday was about an hour after I left the dealer) and while he was on the phone to Skoda UK trying to get more information he just said to the person " Look, I am going to hand you over to the customer, perhaps you'll tell him more?"

They never did, but I said the delaers (especially mine) are doing their best to give customer satisfaction and that in the interest of improved customer service they should consider offering some form of explanation as to how build weeks are allocated and why a particular order may be delayed.

To me, it would appear the weak link is Skoda UK themselves rather than the dealer network that supports them.

Here in sweden i have been very good informed.

The dealer has a computer system that tells him the buildweek plus a probability barometer from 1-6.

After build he can follow it where it is under the trip to sweden.

I would guess that UK must have something similar.

The dealer I selected was the same one my father has used for the past 10 years and they are a very small familly run business.

Dealer has just called and said the car should be at Grimsby by now so he is busy getting the car booked in at the tow bar fitters and then in at the body shop for the dog guard and mud flaps to be fitted, so in reality in two weeks time I should have the car unless it gets held up at customs!

Here in sweden i have been very good informed.

The dealer has a computer system that tells him the buildweek plus a probability barometer from 1-6.

After build he can follow it where it is under the trip to sweden.

I would guess that UK must have something similar.

We have the same in the UK, but it would be nice to know more than when the build date is and the progress between Skoda factory and the dealer. Such as how the build schedule of our cars determined and if a car is at holding center for more than a few days, then why?

The dealer has kept me informed as much as he can every two weeks, but in over 20 weeks, but beyond the build dates moving forwards and backwards and the car leaving the factory, most the calls have been to say there is nothing to report.

I was told 16 weeks when I ordered the car and factored in 18 weeks, but now it is causing problems with planning work so my working hours fit in with the dealers opening hours. In the part exchange we both thought my Renault would be taken in part exchange way before the service and cam belt were due. I will get some compensation in the form of vouchers but this doesn't cover the cost of a major service including cam-belt which is going to cost me in the order of £400 I hadn't budgeted for.

Other here have had loan cars, but I know the delaer I am going to doesn't have enough cars to let the customers waiting for cars to have.

My wife woulod like to have an Ocatvia, but she has said instead of part exchanging we will sell her car after she has taken delivery of her car.

Quick update. Rainworth Skoda have now confirmed that my vehicle has been built, left the factory yesterday and is now on the way to Emden. :happy:

• Ordered week 25
  • Built week 43

However they have warned me that it could wait in Emden for upto 15 days before being shipped to the UK. While I suspect they are saying this as a worst case scenario, I have recently seen comments in other areas of the forum where people's vehicles have sat in Emden for this sort of period. Fingers crossed. :|

That is what happened to mine, stuck at Emden for 15 days, I wish you more luck than I had and your car arrives soon.

But not before mine which was last reported as being in Grimsby ;)

My order:

Placed on 8th October. Initial stock date quoted as 31st December.

This has already been postponed to 14th January.

Update from the dealer - stock date postponed twice in the space of 10 days. Now expected in stock 20th January.

That is what happened to mine, stuck at Emden for 15 days, I wish you more luck than I had and your car arrives soon.

But not before mine which was last reported as being in Grimsby ;)

15 days Well there you have yer "German efficiency"...

like, not... :p

Around 4 wks later..... Wk 1 2011 would be a fair guesstimate but depends if it gets held up in Germany etc. Mine was BW confirmed 41 and I still have no indication from the dealer (who is next to useless) where the car is.

Edited by spaceaircon

Elegance Estate CR170 DSG - ordered 4th July, forecast and actual build week 41, collected 2 November.

...and yet Skoda UK have no explanation why a car orderd a month after mine, built a week after mine can be with the customer before mine has even reached the dealer.

Still they question if I would be eligable for any compensation.

I just hope my car is reliable so I don't have to have anything further to do with Skoda UK customer services who so far have been completly useless and unhelpful to the point my dealer have said how useless they are :'(

...and yet Skoda UK have no explanation why a car orderd a month after mine, built a week after mine can be with the customer before mine has even reached the dealer.

Make sure you check the car over with a fine tooth comb when it does arrive - just in case the unthinkable has happened :o

On a lighter note, the build dates and delivery times are very much a lottery it appears.

Another quick update. I got confirmation earlier today from Rainworth Skoda that the car is now on a ship, presumably on the way to Grimsby. :happy:

• Ordered week 25
  • Built week 43
  • Left factory 28 October
  • On ship 03 November

Another quick update. I got confirmation earlier today from Rainworth Skoda that the car is now on a ship, presumably on the way to Grimsby. :happy:

• Ordered week 25
  • Built week 43
  • Left factory 28 October
  • On ship 03 November

Hello,

just checked with my dealer. I ordered my Elegance Estate 1.8 TSI DSG (no sunroof) in week 37. He informed me that I could pick it up in week 45-46.