Memory 2 Premature Re-Set?

Well I watched Memory 2 (no Maxidot) the past few days. It reset driving home tonight, at either 20 hours (~48mph) or 1000miles. This is far short of what is promised in the manual.

Anyone else had this and got it sorted?

This is less than 2 tankfuls and does not give a long term overview of the fuel consumption.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I watched Memory 2 (no Maxidot) the past few days. It reset driving home tonight, at either 20 hours (~48mph) or 1000miles. This is far short of what is promised in the manual.

Anyone else had this and got it sorted?

This is less than 2 tankfuls and does not give a long term overview of the fuel consumption.

Mine reset too, and may well have been around the 1000 mile mark (I don't recall). I now manually reset it on each refill to at least get average readings for that tank of fuel so I get some useful information from it.

I'd be interested to learn if it can be extended, but fear this is the new default.

Total-trip memory (memory 2)

The total distance driven memory gathers data from any number of individual journeys up to a total of 99 hours and 59 minutes driving or 9.999 kilometres driven. The memory is deleted when either of these limits is reached and the calculation starts from anew.

Definitely not doing this.

:dull: I thought this was only common on my FL Scout which resets at 20 hrs ! (absolutely useless) which is about 2 wks driving for mem 2, like you said in the book its supposed to go to 99.99hrs or 1999.99 mls, the dealership changed my display as I thought it was faulty and its still the same ! , my old Octavia (y2000) when to the book settings and I could keep an eye on MPG etc to see when the engine loosened up, which other Skoda cars are affected ? cheers - Stuart. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Mine reset too, and may well have been around the 1000 mile mark (I don't recall). I now manually reset it on each refill to at least get average readings for that tank of fuel so I get some useful information from it.

Now I'm annoyed - the darn thing just reset itself again yesterday, 10 miles before I intended to fill up so this time it didn't even last 1 full tank.

The trip mileage was ~580 when it reset. Interestingly, it was exactly a month since I last reset it to fill up (12/3/2010), so perhaps it resets at 31 days (??). Given I'd done ~580 miles, and probably averaged around 30mph (guessing), that would give 19.3 hours which is roughly in line with gregoir's assumption of 20 hours trip time in the first post.

So my guess is that the two trip memories are set to reset at 2 and 20 hours, respectively.

Now I'm annoyed - the darn thing just reset itself again yesterday, 10 miles before I intended to fill up so this time it didn't even last 1 full tank.

The trip mileage was ~580 when it reset. Interestingly, it was exactly a month since I last reset it to fill up (12/3/2010), so perhaps it resets at 31 days (??). Given I'd done ~580 miles, and probably averaged around 30mph (guessing), that would give 19.3 hours which is roughly in line with gregoir's assumption of 20 hours trip time in the first post.

So my guess is that the two trip memories are set to reset at 2 and 20 hours, respectively.

Mine does the same . Back to dealer on Friday for investigation.

Mine does the same . Back to dealer on Friday for investigation.

Oh please let us know what you find out.

At best I'm guessing it's a setting that can be changed (increased), otherwise we're just stuck with it.

Certainly seems to affect all FL Octavia's.

Checked mine tonight and it's currently on 88 hours and the first reset was the 99hr 59 minutes (certainly saw 99 hours on it first time round...) So it's not all FL Octys...

Checked mine tonight and it's currently on 88 hours and the first reset was the 99hr 59 minutes (certainly saw 99 hours on it first time round...) So it's not all FL Octys...

At least yours is working as it should so I guess there's hope for the rest of us :thumbup:

Oh please let us know what you find out.

At best I'm guessing it's a setting that can be changed (increased), otherwise we're just stuck with it.

Well the car went to the dealer yesterday. They reset something in the trip computer (at skoda's request) and said see how it goes.

They also did a diss report on the engine problem and the trip and sent these to Skoda. I am not sure what a diss report is.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the car went to the dealer yesterday. They reset something in the trip computer (at skoda's request) and said see how it goes.

They also did a diss report on the engine problem and the trip and sent these to Skoda. I am not sure what a diss report is.

Hi, did Skoda manage to sort the problem? My memory 2 has also reset prematurely. Not sure what the hours on it were but it was certainly way shory of 99hrs 59 mins. and only had about 250 miles showing.

Sarge

Hi, did Skoda manage to sort the problem? My memory 2 has also reset prematurely. Not sure what the hours on it were but it was certainly way shory of 99hrs 59 mins. and only had about 250 miles showing.

Sarge

All I can tell you is it hasn't reset since they did whatever they did. Its been about 11 hours driving so far. I will keep you posted.

19 hours.

The bloody thing reset again today. Back to dealer next week for this and various other faults including chronic engine misfire.

It's getting close to rejection time. This car has been a pain.

Hopefully the dealer will sort it all next week.