Stubby Aerial Fitted.

HKPhooey

I'd been intending to replace the standard aerial as I was worried it might catch on the garage door. Unfortunately as it appears to have fallen off on the way back home from the dealers I order this off eBay.

YetiAerial001Comp.jpg

YetiAerial003Comp.jpg

It works a treat, but then saying that the radio worked well without any aerial at all! :doh:

Edited by HKPhooey

Is that screwed down as far as it will go? Looks to be a poor fit.

We have the CTR / S2000 aerials on both ours Improves the reception no end. The mrs had an issue with her HU the other year and the dealer was saying it was because we had changed the aerial..... Until i showed him with the Honda aerial we were picking up Lincs FM in North Sheffield!!!!! He changed his mind then. :rofl:

Cheers

Dave.

It works a treat, but then saying that the radio worked well without any aerial at all! :doh:

It will work without it due to the diversity function, when the radio lost reception from that aerial it would have switched to the second aerial which your car has. Chances are that you are still running off the second aerial if the signal from the rooftop one is weaker than the second. This could also mean that TMC/AM and station list functionality is lost from your headunit.

It will work without it due to the diversity function, when the radio lost reception from that aerial it would have switched to the second aerial which your car has.

That's intriguing - do you know where the second aerial located? Why have Skoda gone to the extra expense/engineering to fit two aerials, is there a techincal reason?

That's intriguing - do you know where the second aerial located? Why have Skoda gone to the extra expense/engineering to fit two aerials, is there a techincal reason?

Hi,

second aerial is part of the rear glass, apologies but I have no idea why either :wonder:

Regards,

TP

Hi,

second aerial is part of the rear glass, apologies but I have no idea why either :wonder:

Regards,

TP

Thank you for the reply.

That does seem a little crazy though, why not just have the aerial in the rear glass? Much neater and cheaper than having both. :yes:

I too have a stubby aerial fitted and there is no discernible difference in reception.

Mine also looks a poor fit but is very stable and does not cause any wind noise - up to 70 mph - still running in :)

Will take original on holiday just in case reception elsewhere is better with greater length.

Careful with the tightness of these.

They have what seems like a thread that is to short.. I tightened mine really tight.. it's been fine but I have noticed that the rubber that makes up the aerial is actually now loose!

It stays in place fine but if you yank on it the rubber pulls off and exposes a short bit of twisted, stiff wire..

In short... not one for the car wash.. not that you should ever go through one anyway..

I'm still waiting for the time when I return to the car and someones had the rubber away :D

If you want a shorter aerial but one that is still OEM quality with good reception then SEAT do one that's a quarter shorter that stock. You'll find the part number in the sticky at the top of the Fabia forum.

If you want a shorter aerial but one that is still OEM quality with good reception then SEAT do one that's a quarter shorter that stock. You'll find the part number in the sticky at the top of the Fabia forum.

Or like ours the Honda OEM aerial for the previous CTR and the S2000 which is about half the size of the OEM skoda/VW aerial. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

• 4 months later...

I too have a stubby aerial fitted and there is no discernible difference in reception.

Mine also looks a poor fit but is very stable and does not cause any wind noise - up to 70 mph - still running in :)

Will take original on holiday just in case reception elsewhere is better with greater length.

I got one of these also and the fit is not great, placed a rubber O ring between aerial and mount to seal.

I found reception was not as good as the original on weak signals.

Edited by jeep