Towing mirrors ?

geordiebroon

Now looking at the minefield of towing mirrors. Has anyone actually purchased any yet(i) and can you recommend them. If not I will post results of my searches when completed.

Now looking at the minefield of towing mirrors. Has anyone actually purchased any yet(i) and can you recommend them. If not I will post results of my searches when completed.

I'll have another glass of wine if this doesn't get moved :rofl: or should that be does?? oh well I'll have another one anyway!! :giggle:

Could you be more specific, GB - one presumes you mean towing mirrors to fit to your YETI? emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Yes aerofurb - to fit my YETI. My current ones physically will not fit YETI as well as being illegal if fitted to a new car :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've just found this thread, I think I have no need to worry any more. New Yeti arrives next week, hopefully! I have been worrying because most of the reports I have read about Yeti and caravans seem to indicate that the mirrors are a strange shape - really? The Caravan Club write up says that it was difficult to get towing mirrors to stay on, enough to concern most people. I will follow the advise given previously! and report back.

Is the bottle empty yet LP?

Cheers,

Chris.

Interestingly Chris I had a minor wobble after my last post and pleased to say that Milenco have now specifically confirmed that Aero mirrors will fit Yeti.I am now happy :)

Just need to decide flat or convex and large or small::rofl:

Edited by geordiebroon

Hi Chris,

I'm just about to serve up the chickem with mushrooms and garlic with new potatoes, asparagus and mange tout...and Parkers going to crack open another! bottle of chilled wine B)

Edited by Lady Penelope

Hi geordiebroon,

Looks like Milenco are on the ball!

I e-mailed them to ask specifically if their range of mirrors would fit Yeti, they said they did not know but there was a Skoda dealership not too far away and their tech guy would have a look. Seems as though they did.

Weight off my mind! as I'm off with the caravan straight after the Bank Holiday, can't use my current mirrors as they are now illegal on a new car.

Hi Lady Penelope,

Glad to hear you are enjoying a nice glass of chilled nectar, I shall be enjoying a nice unassuming Rose with my dinner tonight. lol.

Regards to All,

Chris K.

Hi geordiebroon,

Looks like Milenco are on the ball!

I e-mailed them to ask specifically if their range of mirrors would fit Yeti, they said they did not know but there was a Skoda dealership not too far away and their tech guy would have a look. Seems as though they did.

Weight off my mind! as I'm off with the caravan straight after the Bank Holiday, can't use my current mirrors as they are now illegal on a new car.

Hi Lady Penelope,

Glad to hear you are enjoying a nice glass of chilled nectar, I shall be enjoying a nice unassuming Rose with my dinner tonight. lol.

Regards to All,

Chris K.

Ours was a Chilean Merlot Rose Isla Negra- very refreshing! Hope you enjoy yours :thumbup:

I use a pair that stick on. No problem as long as the sticker doesn't cross the 'break' in the drivers mirror.

Clean glass before fixing and dry. Fits any car so you can keep them as you change vehicles.

PS Got my Scout last year, next day had tow bar fitted and a week later ( at about 500 miles) on went the caravan for a 'gentle' drive up the A1M. As long as you don't 'push' it for the early couple of thousand, should be OK .

post-48593-12719718653834_thumb.jpg

First attempt at picture attachment!!Hope that it works.:D

The photo came from Milenco and shows quite widely spaced attachments which may be helpful.

Am buying a pair tomorrow.:)

Single right click gives huge photo - is this usual?

Edited by geordiebroon

Hi All,

Been over to Swindon Caravans for some towing mirrors today. Tried Milenco first as I had heard they will fit most cars. No good! to fit the clamp you need at least 2 possibly 3 mm between the glass and the frame, on my Yeti (Elegance 170 4X4) the gap is just too small to get the clamp more that just a few mm in and then fouls the mirror glass. In the end I settled for a pair of SMAT Weekend mirrors, I think they are Swedish. They fit into the window channel with an elastic to the bottom of the door, much modified version of the mirrors I bought about 20 years ago. They now have a cutout to avoid the bottom window seal. Haven't towed yet, only 100 miles on the clock but when I do I'll report back.

Chris.

I've been using Milenco Aeros for a few years now, on 3 or more different cars. They are a good quality product and the best towing mirror I have ever used.

Looking at the eti the other day they looked as if they would fit ... might try 'em on the demo model to be sure.

Just fitted Milenco Aero large mirrors and they fit perfectly, Wonderful view.

Fixing clamps seem very effective without damaging the mirror housing.

Getting download next week (without reversing sensor cancellationemoticon-0106-crying.gif) Just as well we have a caravan mover so no hitched up reversing needed. Will be towing week after still without bumper panel probably. I assume that they are on back order but you never know.

27 May 2010

Just seen this again and confirm the reversing sensor information I gave is wrong!!

Just got back from first towing and when reversing caravan - SILENCE :)

Download was done by third party and I assume Skoda have refined download to do the job which earlier appears only to have been available from the factory.

Edited by geordiebroon

• 4 weeks later...

Tested my old Mileco Aero. It works but it is tight.

I'll make some adjustments

Red arrows: tight

Gren arrow:2,5 mm rubber.

mirror1.jpg

mirror2.jpg

mirror3.jpg

Hi Guys - thanks for all your replies re towing mirrors - great help - will have a look at Milenco - looks like they will do the job :thumbup: