latest brake light switch

hi, recently i had strange problem at morning - my epc light on and no brake lights at all for whole day. vag com showed:

16955 - Brake Switch (F): Implausible Signal

P0571 - 35-00 - -

cleared and again the same for second day.

cleared on third day and everything is ok for a whole week now. very strange.

anyway i am in search for a brake light switch but every thread i look i cant find what is the part number of the most recent fabia 1 brake switch (4 wired).

i guess it must be green. here i found that the latest is 1J0 945 511 F

http://www.fabia-vrs.com/technical-info/brake-pedal-switch-failures/

but its already changed to 1J0 945 511 E

and somewhere i found that the most latest is 1C0 945 511 ANAR

but i dont know if it will fit my fabia. by the way, its not VRS, a ussual 2000 year elegance 1.4 AUB (100hp)

But, if you go to a VAG dealer they will sell you the latest part - VAG-COM'ng will not sort the problem, if the lights did not work before the scan then it will only be coincidence if they worked post scan. I'd reckon that if you pressed the pedal after the sacn, then re-scanned, the fault would be logged again.

there is no fault by now for a week already. brake light works and no epc light. the switch is not dead and not 100% working and reliable so i am looking for replacement. no vw dealership near me :wonder:

The problem you might have now is that you know that your switch has failed - and that it is not switching the brake lights on when you are using the brakes, it could be that the next time it fails there is someone driving very close behind you - and ends up hitting you as your car is not getting its brake lights switched on.

well as i said before the thread is not about the switch failure. its about which is the latest(and most reliable) part number that i can fit

Which is why as per post #2 you really need to inquire at a dealer. They will have the latest information.

well i thought someone here would know

Yes, but the point really will be that when you ask for "a brake light switch for a Fabia XYZ" your local Skoda dealer will sell you the correct (latest version or p/n of) switch. There should not be a choice of switch that will fit this model of Fabia.

• 1 year later...

Yes, but the point really will be that when you ask for "a brake light switch for a Fabia XYZ" your local Skoda dealer will sell you the correct (latest version or p/n of) switch. There should not be a choice of switch that will fit this model of Fabia.

Europarts and GSF stock better than OE brake switches. Cheaper. Or go to ebay where I can currently find 200 odd listed. Shows the quality of the original VW switches. Around £8, or £12 for the VAG item from your friendly Skoda dealer..

Edited by cfc1900

Seriously, I would doubt if any "aftermarket only" seller of bits like GSF or ECP would end up having sourced a better product than the original car manufacturer provides - there just would not be enough money in evolving any of these products under license. The original supplier, in this case to VAG, would be very aware of the products problems and would be under pressure to evolve it, and sometimes this leads to a new part number and item colour. None of this information would get released to the aftermarket quickly for obvious reasons. Finding parts cheaper on places like Ebay sometimes is due to the dealers being requested to "dump" superceded parts, some times the older parts are okay, but in this case, I'd reckon that they are not okay. I'd always buy this sort of product with a "bad" reputation from the main dealer as he should only ever stock the latest version.