Random Idle and acceleration in Felicia 1.3 (1998)

Car has been randomly idling and accelerating without the pedal being pressed! A bit unsafe although manageable for the most part. A garage that deals with a large number of Skodas (Amber in Armley, Leeds) diagnosed it as being the thrust sensor, which is located at the top of the engine, almost directly under the cross beam (part code 5wp4271). This is one of many parts that may be responsible for the bad behaviour.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything like this?

I was also wondering if anyone had for a used/refurbished thrust sensor?

I would first try looking towards the throttle body. Sounds to me like it needs re-setting. Disconnect the battery for a good 10 mins. Re-connect and turn the ignition on and leave for 30 seconds. This should let the throttle body "align" itself with the default "idle" position. Then start and see how that works.

There is also a way to do it through diagnostic equipment and maybe the garage will do it free of charge if you sweet talk them enough?! :smirk:

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of a RTA and car has just had the cosmetic issues fixed, but idle problem remains!

I have put a new (well second hand) MAP sensor in and tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery as philje123 suggested. The car immediately idled at around 2000, then fell back down to 1200 when I revved the engine.

The throttle body has been cleaned.

Should I try a new throttle body?

Reset the throttle body position using VAG-COM. I had same problem and tried all battery disconnecting and door open stuff, which may work for some people. Should not cost much, got mine done for £20

• 7 months later...
Guest LeonardoLolonuevo

Skoda Felicia 1998 ... The RPM up and down, crazy speeds ...... replace the body acceleration (7 pin) and nothing ..... Replace the temperature sensor (4-pin) and nothing ... . plis help ........

The rest apparently works well.

Greetings from Chile, La Serena

Leonardo Anacona