Urgent help! Central locking

Hi

I've been reading a few posts about this but I'm confused. Jonboyuk made a fantastic guide but I have two wires to connect to open and close.

Is my wife's S reg felicia negative type 2 or 6?

If it is a type 2, as I hope, which wire is the close signal and which is the open?

If it is a type 6 will I need a resistor?

Can I install it to the passenger's side door as the fusebox on the felicia is on the opposite side to the fabia.

Any help would be great, I'm sat with my tools ready to go.

Taff

Edited by Taff D

If you have the felicia haynes that should help identify the correct wires.

I am guessing the felicia uses two wires a lock and an unlock wire (different to the fabia standard which uses one wire and negative resistive, hence the need for a resistor on the unlock wire). If this is the case you won't need a resistor as the wires will be separate. You can probably tap into the wires behind the kick trim panel. Won't really matter which side it's installed to so long as the ground signal is sent down the wire to the relay/control unit (unless there's an alarm necessitating an unlock signal from the driver's lock).

Edited by anewman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've checked the wiring under the kickplate and from Haynes I thought it would be the yellow and the black cables for open and closing. The black gives a reading of 0.3v when opening and closing and the yellow 0.3 when closing and permanent 11v when open and opening! Any ideas which is which? I've taken the door card off and now found five wires going to the lock. As well as the yellow black and white there is a blue and brown both of which give a 11-12v reading when door is unlocked/locked. I'm stumped. I did think that the blue and brown somehow go to and power the rear door locks. That leaves the white and black as the wires I need to connect the remote system to, I think. would that leave the yellow as common earth? I don't really know what I'm doing!

Help

Regards

Taff

Edited by Taff D

Hi again

I've managed to get the white wire to lock the doors but cannot get the white and black wire to open them! The white goes to the yellow (which has a permanent 10.5v - 11v reading when doors are unlocked) behind the kickplate. I cannot figure out which is the unlock wire. Come on guys give a clueless idiot a helping hand.

Update I've wired in 180ohm resistor and connected as per Jon's instructions but both buttons on remote only close cental locking on the yellow wire. How can I open the lock?

Taff

Edited by Taff D

• 1 month later...