Resetting Immobiliser/central locking

Recently disconnected the battery in my 2001 Fabia 1.4 Comfort for recharging. Since reconnection (as expected) the immobiliser/central locking is now inactive and I have to lock/open the car by key. Is there a way to reset this myself or do I have to visit a dealer? If its the latter, any idea how much this might cost? I am about to advertise the car for sale but would like the new owner to be able to use the central locking as I have been able to.

Any advice gratefully received. Cheers, John.

I didn't think the immobilizer lost it's programming on a battery disconnect, tbh, I didn't think disconnecting the battery killed the radio remote pairing either.

I've had mine out before and all has worked as normal once re connected. I only have one key so the immobilizer loosing it's pairing would screw me over big time as I think you need a working key to pair a new one.. as well as the immo code for programming?

Do you have the immobilizer code or/and a second key?

i recon this has happend to my car in the past as the central locking only works off the key. would be nice to know how to get it back up,seeing as when i open it with the key i still have to press the button on the remote to cut off the alarm and imobaliser (stop flashing led on drivers lock)

copied this from www.fabia-vrs.com

Using a spare key switch the ignition on.

Insert the key to be programmed into the driver’s door lock.

Manually lock the driver’s door using the key.

Press the Lock or Unlock button on the fob once.

Wait for a least one second.

Press the Lock or Unlock button on the fob twice.

The vehicle horn will sound to indicate correct programming.

copied this from www.fabia-vrs.com

I did this by accident one morning when I was de icing mine and mrs Grrs cars together.

I left hers running and then locked the door with the spare key. I then walked over to my Bora,

pressed the remote key button for that and her SDI learnt to recognise my Boras key.

After that I had to park them a sensible distance apart so that I didn't unlock hers when I was using mine.

I'm not sure how I managed it but I can confirm it's possible to "teach" a fabia to recognise a new zapper.

Edited by grr666

I did this by accident one morning when I was de icing mine and mrs Grrs cars together.

I left hers running and then locked the door with the spare key. I then walked over to my Bora,

pressed the remote key button for that and her SDI learnt to recognise my Boras key.

After that I had to park them a sensible distance apart so that I didn't unlock hers when I was using mine.

I'm not sure how I managed it but I can confirm it's possible to "teach" a fabia to recognise a new zapper.

That's actually quite impressive! Gold star! :D

• 1 month later...

Brilliant haha :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Had a problem with my key, but wife's worked.

My key would not lock or unlock remotely, but starts car OK.

I followed the pairing process with my key.

The horn didn't sound, but it all works fine now!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Haha! I did the exact same thing with the Wife's 56 Seat Ibiza FR and my 56 Skoda Fabia vRS! I managed to program her key to open my car 1st and not realised I had done it until opening her car and seeing mine was winking too! Couldn't work it out until I did the same thing with my key for her car.

What I need to do now is reset them both and re-program them... :think: