dont buy aoutogrip F107's....

sharkrider

needed some budget tyres, and after being really impressed with the cheap Nangkang sport II's I had before, opted for autogrip F107's (same garage, didn't have nangkangs as their budgets when I went in) and they are the worst tyre I have ever used.... even in the dry they simply wont grip AT ALL, I cannot corner at even half the speed as I could in the worn out nangkangs, and the ESP kills every coner with (for the first time EVER in my car) the smell of burning rubber, with a simple "brisk" attempt at a roundabout, i wasn't even pushing...

going back to the garage this weekend and having them taken off, even though they are barely worn..... I would rather put them on e-bay and get 50% of the cost back rather than suffer such poor grip.....

gonna go for some BFGoodrich gForce Profiler 2's, as they have them in stock, and I've read some good things about them.....

kicking myself, Iknow budget = crap, but the nangkangs were really good!

I'm going to start buying shares in rubber producers at the rate you go through tyres Dave... :giggle:

lol... i actually thought about you wanting to get rid of those dunlops you had, but i couldn't face wearing these out, they go after 2 weeks on the car! gonna go on ebay as "nearly new - less than 1000 miles use" :thumbup:

I guess you have learnt your lesson, never skimp on Brakes and Tyres. The bits of black rubber are the only things that have contact on the road.

Edited by Jim H

I guess you have learnt your lesson, never skimp on Brakes and Tyres. The bits of black rubber are the only things that have contact on the road.

until they pop and then its the nice rims lol.

Ive only ever used budgets lol, as they come with the rims,

Marangoni Mythos are now £80+

Kumoh / Admiral 712 are still low but no good in the wet.

Mayrun mr800 I have on now are cheap and tbh I think they are good, very grippy in the wet compared to the 712 and dry they are ok too. still quite new tho. not all budgets are crap.

the Mythos were an ace tyre, quiet and smooth and grippy.

if they do the MR800 mate have a look.

I killed those Dunlops off as quickly as I could. The Toyo's I've had on since last July are so much better. Mk2 Octy vRS + Dunlop = rubbish. :thumbdown:

got some more tyres yesterday (from the only place locally that stocks my size without having to order!) the guy asked why I was unhappy with the autogrips, as he swore tey would be fine compaired to the nangkangs, after I explained the woeful grip, he suggested it may be because of them being asymetrical, and my rears directional.... blarg... I don't buy It, I think they were made of plastic!

anyway I now have some of these http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_sommerreifen/maxxis/ma_v1/index.html as they were the only other tyres in my size in stock, we'll see how they go! the autogrips are going on e-bay later when i can be bothered to weigh them for postage and photograph them :)

anyway I now have some of these http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_sommerreifen/maxxis/ma_v1/index.html as they were the only other tyres in my size in stock, we'll see how they go! the autogrips are going on e-bay later when i can be bothered to weigh them for postage and photograph them :)

As long as the bidders don't google for opinions :giggle:

I'm running some budgets all round at the moment and they're perfectly adequate for me although its not rained properly int eh 2 weeks I've had them to see what they're like in the wet. Who'd believe so little rain in April.

As long as the bidders don't google for opinions :giggle:

I'm running some budgets all round at the moment and they're perfectly adequate for me although its not rained properly int eh 2 weeks I've had them to see what they're like in the wet. Who'd believe so little rain in April.

lol.. yeah, I'm only putting a reserve of £50 on though, so for £25 per tyre, in "as new" condition, I'm sure someone will buy them....

I had "budgets" before, and they were perfectly fine (Nangkang sport II's) but these are a world worse :( I wouldn'y knowingly sell them to anyone on here! but maybe they just don't suit my car?

Thanks for that, they aren't the MA V1 though tMA-V1.jpg could be like compairing the falken F512 to other falkens, but even if it is as AE say, its still much better than the autogrips, i would say they are more like the Wanli's in that test ;) I already notice the improvement even after just a week with the new tyres :) its not like a main brand tyre, but its still acceptable, I'm trying to balance cost and performance, obviously I can't get the better performing expensive ones, but then I'm not willing to put up with the poor performance of the very cheap ones......

I'll post up a proper reveiw of the maxxis afetr the yourkshire meet on sunday, where I'll push 'em ;)

edit: bloody hell the maxiss won the dry handling! Shame it rains so much in the lakes! LOL..... :rofl:

Edited by sharkrider

Thanks for that, they aren't the MA V1 though tMA-V1.jpg could be like compairing the falken F512 to other falkens, but even if it is as AE say, its still much better than the autogrips, i would say they are more like the Wanli's in that test ;) I already notice the improvement even after just a week with the new tyres :) its not like a main brand tyre, but its still acceptable, I'm trying to balance cost and performance, obviously I can't get the better performing expensive ones, but then I'm not willing to put up with the poor performance of the very cheap ones......

I'll post up a proper reveiw of the maxxis afetr the yourkshire meet on sunday, where I'll push 'em ;)

edit: bloody hell the maxiss won the dry handling! Shame it rains so much in the lakes! LOL..... :rofl:

Aye, they said it's a good dry track tyre, but not so hot for the wet. IIRC it came below the wanlii in some tests, hence my thoughts of taking it easy in the rain.