build date query

lee67

ordered our yeti on april 1st'...and as yet havnt been given a build date by our dealer, how soon did u all get given that all important date, cos im only 3.5 weeks in and already its driving me nuts lol...

ordered our yeti on april 1st'...and as yet havnt been given a build date by our dealer, how soon did u all get given that all important date, cos im only 3.5 weeks in and already its driving me nuts lol...

we're exactly the same, april 1st Order, no news yet!! Jessica

Ordered on 9/3/10, notified on 9/4/10 that the car will be with the dealer in June.

Stewart

1.2 DSG Adventure with sunroof. No other extras. Ordered 7th of April. Expected to come to the dealer 8th of July!!! Loooong wait ahead still... :(

ah, a build date...

I went into dealer and placed an order at beginning of March and came away with the impression that it would be around 8 weeks before the beastie turned up.

Out of curiosity and not having heard anything, I called Dealer early April expecting a date, only to find that order had been sitting on hold because the combination of panoramic sun roof and proper spare wheel are incompatible (CO2 emissions certification - this issue has been discussed previously in the forum). Dealer and Skoda sorted this out, but I had wasted 6 weeks. I wasn't happy, a certain amount of finger pointing between Dealer and Skoda UK followed.

So, I politely enquired when the snow monster would turn up now the incompatibility had been resolved, it went a bit silent at this point. Eventually the Dealer and Skoda UK admitted that there was another problem: they can not get the glass for the panoramic sun roof. So, no build date at all.

Skoda UK Customer service escalations have this one on their radar (apparently I'm not the only one). Rather than having the order completely on hold, I sort of hoped that it would be penciled in for a build on the anticipation of necessary pieces being available - but I guess this approach has the 'benefit' of not getting up false hopes by giving a date and then repeatedly slipping it.

So, as they say in yorkshire (apologies to M. Python): "Build date, we used to dream of a build date" :D

ah, a build date...

I went into dealer and placed an order at beginning of March and came away with the impression that it would be around 8 weeks before the beastie turned up.

Out of curiosity and not having heard anything, I called Dealer early April expecting a date, only to find that order had been sitting on hold because the combination of panoramic sun roof and proper spare wheel are incompatible (CO2 emissions certification - this issue has been discussed previously in the forum). Dealer and Skoda sorted this out, but I had wasted 6 weeks. I wasn't happy, a certain amount of finger pointing between Dealer and Skoda UK followed.

So, I politely enquired when the snow monster would turn up now the incompatibility had been resolved, it went a bit silent at this point. Eventually the Dealer and Skoda UK admitted that there was another problem: they can not get the glass for the panoramic sun roof. So, no build date at all.

Skoda UK Customer service escalations have this one on their radar (apparently I'm not the only one). Rather than having the order completely on hold, I sort of hoped that it would be penciled in for a build on the anticipation of necessary pieces being available - but I guess this approach has the 'benefit' of not getting up false hopes by giving a date and then repeatedly slipping it.

So, as they say in yorkshire (apologies to M. Python): "Build date, we used to dream of a build date" :D

You have my sympathy for the situation and admiration for your ability to remain cool under what can only be described as "Abominable" customer service and poor communication.

I ordered my wifes' Yeti on 11th February and finally got a build date of 29th March on the 12th March after much badgering of the dealer via many emails (all ignored) and 2/3 phone requests.

Today following another phone call I now have a flexible delivery date between 3rd and 14th May.

I'm sure we will all get our beasties in due course but where does the programming/scheduling fall down??

Can anybody here verify that this really is the case? :o I called today my dealer and he said that factory hasn't informed anything that there would be any problems with the sun roof supply. :wonder:

My Oct Scout 1.8TSI is at Emden waiting on ship this week to Newcastle.

As I undestand it it is as follows:-

1) When dealer puts your order in, after you have paid deposit ,they get a build week number from Skoda.

2)When it is built and sent to Emden they get an order number.

3)Skoda have a maximum time at Emden wait for ship to UK 14 of days.

4)Dealer is informed when car is in docks at UK for pickup.

At least that is how mine was handled.

Regards

Bob Wilson

1) When dealer puts your order in, after you have paid deposit ,they get a build week number from Skoda.

Hmmm. I thought after reading the glowing reviews about Skoda dealers all will be rosy. Hmmm. My deposit had been paid 3 weeks ago and since then all emails have been ignored and I have not been given a build date. So how does one find the build date out or is it all up in the air because if the sunroof issue?

I ordered mine on 23 feb, dealer called me two weeks later to say the factory had received the order. I chased my build date two weeks ago and was told week commencing 26 April. Another call two days ago to tell me that build was on schedule and lll finally get the car in 3 to 4 weeks.

To be fair when I ordered it I was given end April or beginning of may as the delivery time. Running around 2 weeks late so fingers crossed!

Build date was therefore 9 weeks after I placed the order. Thankfully I haven't ordered the sunroof!

Can anybody here verify that this really is the case? :o I called today my dealer and he said that factory hasn't informed anything that there would be any problems with the sun roof supply. :wonder:

Talk to Customer Services directly or get your Dealer to explicitly check - just because your dealer hasn't been informed doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Pls post what you find out as I'd be v interested to know if your one is processing i.e. has a build week as that will give me some extra info for when I next have a little chat...

Talk to Customer Services directly or get your Dealer to explicitly check - just because your dealer hasn't been informed doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Pls post what you find out as I'd be v interested to know if your one is processing i.e. has a build week as that will give me some extra info for when I next have a little chat...

Yesterday I got an unpleasant verification from my dealer. The original delivery time (3 months) is not valid anymore. Yeti demand over the world is now so huge that the factory can't even give a new estimate for my order (which was done 7th of April) . Best estimate was that we talk here about 2-4 months of extra delay. :'(

Probably I have to cancel the whole order, because I can't wait for a new car this long... :(

Re. the previous build date query, our 1.2 SE DSG was ordered 1st April. Now been told by dealer being built late June, delivery in July sometime. Apparently according to dealer build dates are a bit hit and miss, with some ordered before mine of different spec. not yet having build dates. Also big problems with sunroof orders apparently, luckily we're not having one!

Yesterday I got an unpleasant verification from my dealer. The original delivery time (3 months) is not valid anymore. Yeti demand over the world is now so huge that the factory can't even give a new estimate for my order (which was done 7th of April) . Best estimate was that we talk here about 2-4 months of extra delay. :'(

Probably I have to cancel the whole order, because I can't wait for a new car this long... :(

Can you try and find one at a delaer with your spec or one that is close and acceptable?

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get your Yeti :yes:

Lady Penelope