Carbon trimmed centre console

A few hours well spent I think.

Pictures don't really do it justice, only an iPhone to take them with I'm afraid. Will try and get some better ones up when I can.

CarbonConsole.jpg

Edited by Andy Hames

New image up.

Just a little annoyed I didn't check the weave alignment before I did the ashtray - wanted a consistent continuous look. Might have to re-visit that.

Yeah, could do with a vac, car definitely works for a living!

@foey - cheers. Takes a couple of times to get used to it not being aluminium colour but I'm happy wih it.

It can be done pretty cheap if you're brave, though I opted to buy replacement parts from the breakers in case it all went tits up. The carbon fibre isn't too bad, I bought the 600x1220 sheet from Carbon Vinyl but bought a bit much, there's plenty left over. It isn't too ificult, but be patient and take your time!

Yeah that's the one.

Good luck with it - like I said, take plenty of time. I found the best thing to do was heat up small-ish sections at a time which makes it very workable. :thumbup:

cool, it looks good, funnily enough i have some real carbon fibre on the ashtray cover and the gear surround which has a lacquered finish and i think the di-noc actually looks better as the finish is matt.

Thanks for the tip!

• 1 year later...

A few hours well spent I think.

Pictures don't really do it justice, only an iPhone to take them with I'm afraid. Will try and get some better ones up when I can.

CarbonConsole.jpg

Andy, you've done a good job there.

Did you wrap the excess around the edges & underneath or did you cut the excess off at the edge?

no it all pulls off basically, be careful but pull it outwards and the stereo trim will come off.

the gatitor pulls out of the housing, again the housing pulls off carefully upwards.

wrap the edges over and under the item you are wrapping.