Yeti Sunblinds

Jayjayedin

I will hopefully be taking delivery of my new Yeti in the next week or so and was thinking about getting the sunblinds:

Rear Fifth Door Window Sunblind - 5L0019120

Rear Side Boot Window Sunblinds - 5L0064361

Rear Window Sunblind - 5L0064363

According to the accessories brochure these need to be fitted by the dealer.

I was wondering if anyone else had these blinds and how easy it would be to fit them yourself?

I will hopefully be taking delivery of my new Yeti in the next week or so and was thinking about getting the sunblinds:

Rear Fifth Door Window Sunblind - 5L0019120

Rear Side Boot Window Sunblinds - 5L0064361

Rear Window Sunblind - 5L0064363

According to the accessories brochure these need to be fitted by the dealer.

I was wondering if anyone else had these blinds and how easy it would be to fit them yourself?

Yes I have them and it was a simple fit

on the rear doors you need to pull the trim around the windows back to install them

Clip

4581134221_057c89cf88.jpg

Blind

4581763422_40b6627fde.jpg

Edited by drbig

Guys, any idea on prices please?

Thanks

Rear Fifth Door Window Sunblind - 5L0019120 £68.46

Rear Side Boot Window Sunblinds - 5L0064361 £83.78

Rear Window Sunblind - 5L0064363 £86.84

£239.08emoticon-0149-no.gif

Very Expensive

Compare sunblinds for the Mini

My http://www.minigenuineparts.co.uk

Edited by Helgestahill

Thanks for the link and costings guys. :thumbup:

DrBig - is there any chance you could take a snap of the car from outside - side on or rear three quarter? Im very interested in these but want to gain an idea of how dark they make the rear windows appear? I was going to get the windows tinted but Im going off the idea due to having to remove factory fresh interior trim - imo it never goes back quite 100% and as quiet as it is now.

I plan on taking the car abroad this summer where it'll likely be 40 degrees so im keen to have our four year old as comfortable as possible throughout and its either these sunblinds or further tinting. :)

Thanks,

DrBig - is there any chance you could take a snap of the car from outside - side on or rear three quarter? Im very interested in these but want to gain an idea of how dark they make the rear windows appear? I was going to get the windows tinted but Im going off the idea due to having to remove factory fresh interior trim - imo it never goes back quite 100% and as quiet as it is now.

I plan on taking the car abroad this summer where it'll likely be 40 degrees so im keen to have our four year old as comfortable as possible throughout and its either these sunblinds or further tinting. :)

Thanks,

4565722914_50314cedfb.jpg

drbig - Thanks for the replies and photos. They do look easy to fit so at least I can save a bit of money by doing it myself!

FocusZTec - I'm in a similar situation to you. I've got a 6 month old daughter and want to make sure she's well protected from the sun. I did think about tinting, but it's not really an option as I'm getting a lease car. Also looked at using the generic stick-on sun shades, but I always find that they don't fully cover the window, and you can't open the windows while they're fitted. The Skoda blinds may be expensive but I think they are the best solution as they are specifically made for the Yeti.

4565722914_50314cedfb.jpg

DrBig - thanks for the photo - that looks spot on imo. :thumbup:

Jay - I certainly agree that they are the best sunblind solution. The aftermarket stick on ones have been agro for us in the past and as you say, you cant even open the window with those attached!

Thanks very much. :)

Thanks,

Hi

Most window tinters dont remove the interior trim these days. Had my i30 rear windows done in Wolverhampton great job with no trim removal. Most companys that apply the tint can also remove it so tints on a lease car should be OK - just take them off after the lease period.

There are other companies that do blinds. I have seen good write ups on UV Car Shades. They do a set for the Roomster but dont yet list the Yeti. The Roomster set is around £90 when you add the VAT.

Roomster shades

You never know - let them measure your Yeti and you could get a free set :rofl:

Simon

drbig - Thanks for the replies and photos. They do look easy to fit so at least I can save a bit of money by doing it myself!

FocusZTec - I'm in a similar situation to you. I've got a 6 month old daughter and want to make sure she's well protected from the sun. I did think about tinting, but it's not really an option as I'm getting a lease car. Also looked at using the generic stick-on sun shades, but I always find that they don't fully cover the window, and you can't open the windows while they're fitted. The Skoda blinds may be expensive but I think they are the best solution as they are specifically made for the Yeti.

View from inside on the rear one I put a clip in the top to try to show the difference it makes in the car shame it did not work :giggle:

but here is the picture

4583447015_e3316f9879_m.jpg

View from inside on the rear one I put a clip in the top to try to show the difference it makes in the car shame it did not work :giggle:

but here is the picture

4583447015_e3316f9879_m.jpg

Sorry, Im being dumb - can you clarify what you are trying to show. Im intrigued. :)

Sorry, Im being dumb - can you clarify what you are trying to show. Im intrigued. :)

light level .... on the back window I was trying to push it down so in the photo you would have seen the difference.

light level .... on the back window I was trying to push it down so in the photo you would have seen the difference.

Ahhh, got ya!

Doesnt look much different in the photo as you say. In real life though do they make the interior appear darker? Im guessing slightly more than good quality darkish tints would?

Ahhh, got ya!

Doesnt look much different in the photo as you say. In real life though do they make the interior appear darker? Im guessing slightly more than good quality darkish tints would?

Yes by quite a bit

HI Guys, one of my first 'proper' posts here, i've just heard that my Yeti order is now about 13 days away... Yipppeeee! Anyway (and back on topic) I was wondering if you could describe how these work please.

Firstly, do they have some sort of catch that allows the blind to move across the window, or is the window permanently "blinded"? My second request is if someone could explain how the electric windows still work - do the blinds go up and down with it, or do they still cover the windows?

Many, many thanks. Am considering just buying the rear window blinds alone, not the whole of the rear car, to help my 18 month old sleep.

Very excited about the yeti...

Edited by MSIC

HI Guys, one of my first 'proper' posts here, i've just heard that my Yeti order is now about 13 days away... Yipppeeee! Anyway (and back on topic) I was wondering if you could describe how these work please.

Firstly, do they have some sort of catch that allows the blind to move across the window, or is the window permanently "blinded"? My second request is if someone could explain how the electric windows still work - do the blinds go up and down with it, or do they still cover the windows?

Many, many thanks. Am considering just buying the rear window blinds alone, not the whole of the rear car, to help my 18 month old sleep.

Very excited about the yeti...

Hope this helps

Just fitted the Skoda sunblinds to my Yeti yesterday. I agree that they are expensive for what they are, but I must say they make the care look really good from the outside as the make the already tinted windows look totally black. I did not go for the rear window blind in the end becuae I thought it would affect rear vision and I think I made the right choice. The two side rear blinds seem to do enough and by not having the rear window blind you can maintain both vision and light level in the cabin. By the way the dealer fitted them for free which took about 10 mins. Hope this helps.

After much consideration, Ive decided to stick with my original plans of tinted windows. Its now booked in to our local Pentagon Supaglass dealer next Thursday. I'll post before and after pics.

Have to agree though; the blinds look exceptionally nice and well designed.

• 1 year later...

There is now an aftermarket option, through Van style Uk

I asked the question a couple of weeks ago and got this reply today from them.

"RICHARD PLEASE FIND ENCLOSED INFO FOR SHADES http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/products_id/4688

UVSKO-YETI-5-A £71.99 "

I've thanked them and advised that I'd post the link to these on here. Also added to my yeti wish list!

Massive reduction in cost compared to Skoda!

• 7 months later...

Sorry for dragging up an old thread; thought it would be better than starting another post?!

I’m looking for a full set of sun shades/blinds for the Yeti and before I go to the local dealer and present my card and a tub of Vaseline (seriously how can the charge so much for these?!) I thought I’d see if anyone has any experience of using these companies for sun shades?

1. http://www.car-sunshade.co.uk/en/295-skoda-yeti-sun-shade-courtains
  2. http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/shop/privacy-shades-skoda-yeti-p-4688.html

Thanks

Jeffers

• 10 months later...

Sorry for dragging up an old thread; thought it would be better than starting another post?!

I’m looking for a full set of sun shades/blinds for the Yeti and before I go to the local dealer and present my card and a tub of Vaseline (seriously how can the charge so much for these?!) I thought I’d see if anyone has any experience of using these companies for sun shades?

1. http://www.car-sunsh...shade-courtains
  2. http://www.vanstyle....eti-p-4688.html

Thanks

Jeffers

Just wanted to update this thread for anyone looking for window shades.

I have just fitted a set of shades from vanstyle & I'm pleased to report they were an absolute doddle to fit, took about 10 minutes, & fit perfectly to the shape of the windows. Would recommend to anyone looking for shades.s.

If I can work it out will try to post some pictures.

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've also bought a set of the Vanstyle sun shades and just fitted them. (Well, you've got to stay optimistic haven't you). They were £82 delivered for six shades and a storage bag. These fit the rear windows, the quarterlights and two screens across the rear window, so you do have a line down the middle of the rear screen perhaps a centimetre wide where the panels meet (see photo). Fitting took five minutes - there are two clips each for the side windows that slide under the window trim, the quarterlights are a push fit into place (but feel very secure) and each of the two rear screen panels has a single clip. They would come out in a couple of minutes when not required. From the outside the effect is of a very dark tint making it very difficult for anyone to see into the cargo area or the back seats but from the inside there doesn't seem too much reduction in overall visibility. I had something very similar in my last car and never found them to be a problem even on dull days. The side windows screens don't interfere with operating the windows and they cut down on draughts when driving with the windows down, something that happens a lot when you've got as Golden Retriever in the back! Overall I'm very pleased with them and have no hesitation in giving them my recommendation.

post-101775-0-29627100-1371370371_thumb.jpg

post-101775-0-66487400-1400077650_thumb.jpg

post-101775-0-60847400-1400077652_thumb.jpg

post-101775-0-42979600-1400077654_thumb.jpg

post-101775-0-02864400-1400078335_thumb.jpg

post-101775-0-93996400-1400078335_thumb.jpg

• Like 1