Heated Windscreen

redandwhitepauly

I have ordered this as an option on my beast, and just wondered if anyone knew how this is going to be activated ? On my current car there is a button on the aircon panel, so does anyone know if the aircon panel will be different, and is it the Audi/VW system ?

Answers on a postcard please :yes:

I have ordered this as an option on my beast, and just wondered if anyone knew how this is going to be activated ? On my current car there is a button on the aircon panel, so does anyone know if the aircon panel will be different, and is it the Audi/VW system ?

According to the MY11 Owners Manual, which can be downloaded from Skoda Auto Website, it is a switch on the Climate Control panel.

Yes it is the same as the VW Audi system, so you won't see wires like the Ford one.

Stewart.

I have this on my Passat. On that car there are two buttons, one for the rear window and one for the front screen. Both are on timers with the rear screen heating staying on longer.

I presume the Yeti will have a similar system.

One thing I do find slightly annoying is that the heating element seems to be a fine mesh in the laminate which, if you're wearing polaroid sun glasses, you can see.

It works well though and while I'm not troubled by interior condensation it doesn'thalf shift frost.

John

According to the MY11 Owners Manual, which can be downloaded from Skoda Auto Website, it is a switch on the Climate Control panel.

Yes it is the same as the VW Audi system, so you won't see wires like the Ford one.

Stewart.

Oh its not a wired through the glass system ? I have the new Fiesta which has it through the glass. I have no idea how the VW/Audi one works, just assumed they would use the same system, so how does theirs work ?

Ta.

Having looked at the pic in the manual before I seem to remember the button only uses half of the blank right in the middle of the ventilation controls. Anyone have an idea what the other half is for? Or is that the Webasto heater button that goes there? Must say I like the fact that on most all Yetis this "blank" area in the ventilation controls don't look like a blank button at all!

I was led to believe the VW one has the laminate made from a material which is conductive but transparent though jst_at_home suggests you can see it under certain circumstances, though would still be less than the Ford one.

For what it's worth, I am always aware of mine, though it does not bother or annoy me at all in any conditions.

Stewart.

I was led to believe the VW one has the laminate made from a material which is conductive but transparent though jst_at_home suggests you can see it under certain circumstances, though would still be less than the Ford one.

For what it's worth, I am always aware of mine, though it does not bother or annoy me at all in any conditions.

Stewart.

Same here, the Ford one is noticeable if you stare at the screen as opposed to looking through the screen so you dont even notice it ! I think on a car like the Yeti maybe they should have gone the whole hog and had heated washer jets as well (presuming they aren't already heated).

:yes:

Anyone have an idea what the other half is for? Or is that the Webasto heater button that goes there?

I had a look at the latest manual and in there it states that the auxiliary heater button and the heated windscreen button share the same spot. So there is still mystery as to what the blank to its left does - as well as the long blank button at the bottom. Or are these only used on VWs or the Superb (since they all have this exact same ventilation control)?

Hi,

I have a heated screen on my Superb (She's 5 weeks old) and it DOES have wires running through it, altho not as noticeable as the Ford models. - controlled by a button on the Climate unit. (altho, i've never pressed it as yet...)

Can take and post a pic if you like.

Al.

Edited by ukcruiser

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I have a heated screen on my Superb (She's 5 weeks old) and it DOES have wires running through it, altho not as noticeable as the Ford models. - controlled by a button on the Climate unit. (altho, i've never pressed it as yet...)

Can take and post a pic if you like.

Al.

Hi,

Could you take pictures? I have ordered it and now I have second thoughts about visibility. I wear glasses.

Thank you.

For some reason my eyes are draw to the elements in heated screens , Ive got a friend with a Discovery 3 & another with a Fiesta who both have heated screens & I seem to spend my time as a passenger , in a trance looking at the wavey lines .

I will stick with a screen cover in the winter

For some reason my eyes are draw to the elements in heated screens , Ive got a friend with a Discovery 3 & another with a Fiesta who both have heated screens & I seem to spend my time as a passenger , in a trance looking at the wavey lines .

I will stick with a screen cover in the winter

I can't say I really notice them on our Passat - far better with them in the winter, than without IMO.

It used to bug the hell out of me, as a passenger in my old's Transit Van, but, in the Superb as a driver, i dont notice them as often, and never get distracted by them...

Al.

Not long ago I had my octavia windscreen replaced, the bill was over 650 euros, I wonder what a heated screen costs to replace, watch your insurance premiums rise!!

Not long ago I had my octavia windscreen replaced, the bill was over 650 euros, I wonder what a heated screen costs to replace, watch your insurance premiums rise!!

£216.00 + Fitting is Skoda's Warranty / Dealer cost price for the Superb. I had to sign the claim sheet when i had mine replaced... of course, this will be £900+ when it comes to retail i would of thought...

Al.