New Bolero design for Superb.

It will fit, If you look closely you will see the unit takes the place of the trim they have just made it slightly wider and longer and it sits right on top of the heater control panel, you may have to remove the unit cage to fit

I dont know why skoda fit these units when they could fit the Columbus as standard to all the range as the bolero does not have sat nav, they could also fit blue tooth as standard due to the mobile phone laws

Edited by skippy41

It will fit, If you look closely you will see the unit takes the place of the trim they have just made it slightly wider and longer and it sits right on top of the heater control panel, you may have to remove the unit cage to fit

I dont know why skoda fit these units when they could fit the Columbus as standard to all the range as the bolero does not have sat nav, they could also fit blue tooth as standard due to the mobile phone laws

Does anyone know if Columbus has also been re-styled?

If you look at the Swing radio fitted to the Superb it has exactly the same footprint as the new style Bolero, I guess they've changed it to make all the tooling easier (reduced costs) and possibly so that the centre console looks similar.

see http://ws.skoda-auto.com/download/4all/Documentation/en/Superb/0609/radio/B6_Superb_Swing_CarRadio.pdf

Edited by rosesteve

The revised one looks much better.

I would rather have that design bolero over the current one, if anything its likely to deter thieves as the market for the revised headunit will be limited to the superb unlike the original version which will fit any VAG car.

If they did the same to the columbus then I would change the headunit to the revised one as it gives a more seamless look to the dash.

• 1 month later...

Which one is a direct replacement (no need for change of fascia) for the Swing radio unit? The new one or the old one off a Superb MY 2009? Help appreciated.

The combined on/off and volume knob on the new Bolero is further to the left than on the original version. In a RHD Superb it is already a stretch to reach the on/off knob without having to sit forwards in the seat.

• 2 weeks later...